What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a pop up, we wanted something light so either of our jeeps can pull it, not so much mine, but Mike's is a yj with the sway bars disconnected.

It is a 2001 Coleman Taos, bought it from a couple who kept it in very good condition and the price was way below what anyone else is selling it for. Now to start planning some camping trips, one will be to Bloomington, IN.

Awesome Julie!

I miss our motor home which I sold because it was breaking me up in fuel costs every time we went on a trip. What I would like to have is a pull behind toy hauler / camper to hook up to the truck and be able to load the bike in it.

Morning all! :hug I checked progress in the wine room this morning and see that my pear chardonnay is fermenting nicely and the apple cinnamon and apple cherry are clearing and nearly ready for their first racking. However for now it's work then a Lodge meeting tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Apple wine 2-15-2012.jpg

It was my neighbors sons birthday yesterday, and it was a skating party. I haven't been on roller skates since Jr High School and havn't been on roller blades in at least 13 years. We went with my wife and 5 y/o and had a blast. I have to say it was quite comical both times I fell and surprisingly enough I'm able to walk today which I was doubting given how bad my shins hurt last night.

We'll be doing that again my my daughter. Great family fun.

Hoping to get the strawberries and peaches out of the freezer this weekend. and get those 2 batches going either Sunday or Monday. Will be racking and back sweetening wines over the weekend as well.

Peaches are out and thawing in their respecive primaries, I'll transfer to bags in the morning.

I bottled my white zinfandel this afternoon. It tastes great at just about 6 months. Will be even better as it ages more. Here's a pic of the "White Zin".

IMAG0208.jpg

Busy little Beaver this morning..... Pitched the yeast on my 6 gal of Vinters Harvest Raspberry that I started yesterday... Filled the dehydrator with beef jerky made from top round that has been mariating for a couple of days. Just started large stock pot of turkey carcass & chicken pieces to make some chicken soup.
Seems I can never sleep past 5:30 -6:00am anymore, always wake up around 5:00am. Probably leftover reaction of when I used to work & alway started work by 6:00am. Guess I'll have plenty of time to sleep when they put me in the box!!! (Not for a long time I hope!!)

Al

Tom, take up fishing! Dan, funny you say that as thats where Im headed in a few after doing the dump run with all our garbage from the week. Do some trout fishing for the rest of the morning and then hit some salt to see if I can wrangle up a striped bass that has wintered in the river this winter.

Wandering around So. Arizona.

The wife and I decided to go south to enjoy a couple weeks of warm weather.

CRAP, it is 37 degrees today in Sierra Vista.

Just finished dressing 25 big crappie, caught my limit the last 2 days, mosy of them weigh near a pound each. Weather is around 80 degrees and Lake Okeechobee is super right now. Fish fry tomorrow night. Loren:fsh

Just got back from the Pittsburgh Auto Show. OMG Almost every car cost more than my first house. :s

Going to dinner with some family and friends. Gonna have a few bottles of wine I'm sure. And my weekend goal is to finish up "Batman: Arkham Asylum - Xbox 360"

Latest posts

Back