What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Steves and picked up some bottles and more kits to make. I am going to bottle 24 gallons tomorrow and then while I am sitting watching the game tomorrow evening I will be applying the lables.. haha multitasking.. Since I am not really interested in the outcome tomorrow but it IS the SUPERBOWL and the last game of the season.... I will be watching..

making my famous wing sauce for later when I will cook 5+#'s for a SB Party

Today I racked/clarified the Gewurz and Skeeter Pee. I also washed some bottles to get ahead of the next bottling. Both look to be heading to bottles soon! SB PARTY NEXT!

Filtered the bronze muscadine this evening. Gotta love when you go from a bigger carboy to a smaller. Got to enjoy 3 glasses between the 2 of us.

When I get home today I am going to start my WE Choc/Ras/Port. Do you think this will be drinkable by Christmas?

When I get home today I am going to start my WE Choc/Ras/Port. Do you think this will be drinkable by Christmas?

In my opinion it will definately be ready for Christmas. I'm sure it gets better with more age but mine is quite good now and has only been in the bottle 2 o3 months if I remember right.

After backsweetening it to 1.000 last week, I just finished bottling my Muscato I made from a L'uva Bella winery juice bucket. I got 28, 750's and 7 splits.

Woke up this morning 28 Degrees outside, have a partial day of work sind my daughter has a dentist appointment. I'm thinking, "It's going to be a great day after that since I'll be spending the day with her." Go down stairs after my shower I can hear the light hum of the furnace condensate pump, think to myself, "cool, the furnace will kick on just in time for me to make coffee" Walk into the dining room figuring I'll kick up the heat so it's warmer for my wife. Furnace thermostat is reading 56. BRRRRRRRRRRR apparently all I'm going to hear is the light hum of the condensate pump. Called for service so I can get on the list for today. not looking forward for this bill. The furnace was originaly installed in 93 and last year I had to replace the gas valve.

Going to L'uva Bella Winery for lunch, etc., etc. with the family. Son is coming in from Columbus, OH for the weekend.
Hopefully, I'll get some info on the March "Meet and Greet".

Getting ready to leave for the dentist. Hopefully when we get home the repair person will arrive shortly thereafter. A new furnace could put a real dent in the juice purchases.

Getting ready to leave for the dentist. Hopefully when we get home the repair person will arrive shortly thereafter. A new furnace could put a real dent in the juice purchases.

Especially after all the flooring you just put down!!

Just finished making a bunch of suet squares for the birds, lard, crunchy peanut butter, corn meal, flour, oatmeal, sugar, craisens & a few scoops of sunflower seeds!! I think they eat better than some folks I know!!
Also simmering on the stove for a flavor pac is 1/2 gal of Apple Juice with enough sugar hopefully to increase the SG of my County Apple to about 1.010. Will let that sit for another month or two & see if I like it. Started it last fall & not planning to bottle till Nov or so. Might even add additional cinnamon stix or cloves if not the spicey flavor I'm looking for........Like to have about a year under glass before I bottle. Last years spring buckets from luva Bella are getting close. Will probably bottle them before this years meet & greet so I can get some fresh stuff going........

Al

Do a google search for the board, and see how much it is. That should be a very easy swap out.

Latest posts

Back