What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $436 a couple of years ago. Just for the board.

Yep, he said it was a several hundred $$ part. Couldn't find one locally. I decided it wasn't worth putting 5-600 into a 20 year old furnace when the other board could go as well and after 20 years who knows what condition the heat exchanger is in. Got estimates, getting a furnace. At least it will be warm in the house when it's cold outside this weekend. Juice purchased are now greatly reduced or eliminated for spring. Better buy more sugar and lemon for pee.

I don't even want to talk about the daughter's dentist appointment. That wasn't pretty nor will it be when we go back for treatment.

I think its time for a drink, Is it wine thirty yet?

I just racked my 6 gallons of apple wine from the primary to 2 three gallon carboys, added sorbate then 4 ounces of pure cherry extract to one of them. Let's see how they turns out. BTW I didn't post up a recipe but I used Motts apple juice from COSTCO.

Just finished making a bunch of suet squares for the birds, lard, crunchy peanut butter, corn meal, flour, oatmeal, sugar, craisens & a few scoops of sunflower seeds!! I think they eat better than some folks I know!!
Also simmering on the stove for a flavor pac is 1/2 gal of Apple Juice with enough sugar hopefully to increase the SG of my County Apple to about 1.010. Will let that sit for another month or two & see if I like it. Started it last fall & not planning to bottle till Nov or so. Might even add additional cinnamon stix or cloves if not the spicey flavor I'm looking for........Like to have about a year under glass before I bottle. Last years spring buckets from luva Bella are getting close. Will probably bottle them before this years meet & greet so I can get some fresh stuff going........

Al

Ok first off you know the rules, Al!! Pictures and recipe for the suet cakes.:pic

I had one cinnamon stick in each carboy since fermentation and a clove in each one during fermentation. I had some very high acid crapapple I used for my fpack and added all of my sugar to two gallons of that to blend with my 21 gallons of Country Apple. After racking last week I decided to add three cinnamon sticks to each carboy and 1 clove and let it age another month before tasting again.

Everyone is off their feet with a cold today. Nothing fermenting at the time. 5 gallons of all grain red ale conditioning in the carboy. will be bottled next week.
Still house hunting and will be filling up the cellar with yummy wine. I have a chardonnay kit on deck for when we move.
Good luck with the snow here in the mid atlantic. :)

Everyone is off their feet with a cold today. Nothing fermenting at the time. 5 gallons of all grain red ale conditioning in the carboy. will be bottled next week.
Still house hunting and will be filling up the cellar with yummy wine. I have a chardonnay kit on deck for when we move.
Good luck with the snow here in the mid atlantic. :)

Whats your name again?? Where the heck have you been hiding Dan? Don't tell me you found a girl friend already after being married for only a few months! :)

Got up early to register the girl for softball, then surprised her with a trip to her fav restraunt for lunch , then to the bird store when i got toys n food for the babies, then bit by the macaw LOL! Little Chit!! I still held n pet him! :)
been so busy latley!! Its nuts!

Waiting for the furnace people to come and finish the furnace installation. Once that is complete I'll be making a turkey for my daughters birthday dinner with family. Yeah. I can't wait.

Thank goodness!! That would have been an awful weekend. !!!!

When we were stationed in England, Hubby was deployed. My daughter was just 14 months I think... Well our furnace broke the weekend that she and I both got the flu!!! No hot water no heat :( we were lucky to have an electric oven and an electric fireplace in the living room... the landlord thought I was the biggest meanest person by then end of that week!!! he didnt realize how bad it was till he came by (3 days later) and i was heating water on the stove so I could wash the vomit out of the kids hair! Was the begining of January and cold as hell to...

Well since the wife and I leave really early in the mornings for work and both have a very busy tomorrow evening I gave Vicki her Valentine's card a day early. In it was the first of 12 clues that took her up and down the steps several times on a scavenger hunt to various places in the house looking for the next clue to where her present was hidden. Many of which she had to figure out what I was talking about and where I was sending her next. The final clue took her to my wine room where she found her present nicely wrapped. She was very excited to find a new pair of white gold earrings and a tanzenite & diamond ring mounted in a white gold setting. I think I may be able to buy more wine making supplies now since I have her all pumped up.

Rick very cool! It sounds like someone else will be getting pumped. :)

I hate this holiday and told my wife years ago I don't believe in it. Well this weekend we went over to friends houses for dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Each woman said "oh look what I got for Valentines day". Damn felt guilty all day and broke down and bought her a card and flowers tonight after work.

Thanks, guys! You're really screwing it up for the rest of us! :po

Just kidding! She'll get her annual roses in the morning. So will my daughter and two granddaughters. :i

Well since the wife and I leave really early in the mornings for work and both have a very busy tomorrow evening I gave Vicki her Valentine's card a day early. In it was the first of 12 clues that took her up and down the steps several times on a scavenger hunt to various places in the house looking for the next clue to where her present was hidden. Many of which she had to figure out what I was talking about and where I was sending her next. The final clue took her to my wine room where she found her present nicely wrapped. She was very excited to find a new pair of white gold earrings and a tanzenite & diamond ring mounted in a white gold setting. I think I may be able to buy more wine making supplies now since I have her all pumped up.

OH smooth, Rick, very smooth. No wonder she married you.

I always seem to put a twist on things. This time she had to work for it. lol!!!!

And I received a very surprised dinner out this evening. It was so nice to go out and not have to cook, had a real rough day at work this morning and then we had to go pick up a camper we bought but could not pick up on Saturday cuz of the weather and it was getting late and he surpised me with a dinner.

So what kind of camper did you get, Julie?

Just a pop up, we wanted something light so either of our jeeps can pull it, not so much mine, but Mike's is a yj with the sway bars disconnected.

It is a 2001 Coleman Taos, bought it from a couple who kept it in very good condition and the price was way below what anyone else is selling it for. Now to start planning some camping trips, one will be to Bloomington, IN.

Latest posts

Back