What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting in the man cave, recovering from yesterday's hernia surgery..
:bt

Feel Better Soon!!!! Rest and Recover and take advantage of the down time to relax

Today im recuperating from a hangover... seems that, if you loose 30 pounds and havnt eaten all day, you should not drink like you did 30 pounds ago.... ooooooo my tummy hurtttssssss.... BUT .... I'm down 25 pounds since Jan 1st!!! 30 pounds since november! So I am really not complaining... just taking notes LOLOL :)

We started a batch of bluberry shiraz and belgum ale this past week. Also f-packed and racked the peach and racked the prickly pear mead.... hope to have a glass I made myself soon... its been a long time!!!

Thats no fair! Fishing here blows right now! Been fishing all day and still am with not a bite. Even went in the water with waders for trout but now am at a dock throwing rubber shad for Striped bass. Getting cold out here now so will probably pack it up soon. Cant wait til fishing isback on!!!!:(

Just finished dressing 25 big crappie, caught my limit the last 2 days, mosy of them weigh near a pound each. Weather is around 80 degrees and Lake Okeechobee is super right now. Fish fry tomorrow night. Loren:fsh

Feel Better Soon!!!! Rest and Recover and take advantage of the down time to relax

Today im recuperating from a hangover... seems that, if you loose 30 pounds and havnt eaten all day, you should not drink like you did 30 pounds ago.... ooooooo my tummy hurtttssssss.... BUT .... I'm down 25 pounds since Jan 1st!!! 30 pounds since november! So I am really not complaining... just taking notes LOLOL :)

We started a batch of bluberry shiraz and belgum ale this past week. Also f-packed and racked the peach and racked the prickly pear mead.... hope to have a glass I made myself soon... its been a long time!!!

Congrats on finally making some wine and the weight loss, you go girl!

sweet onion wine

making a gal of sweet onion wine,never made it before ,hoping it turns out fine.taste good so far.anyone ever made it? all imput welcome.

QUOTE]

Nikki great job on the loss. I also lost 30 pounds during harvest last fall but now the hard part for me is trying to keep it off.

Dan, You can do it!!!! That is wonderful, Congrats!! Thanks Julie, it's not been easy, but its gonna be worth it in the end! For once I am sticking to the New Years Resolution LOL every year I make the same one, every year I falter and loose faith in 2 weeks LOL! I got it this time I hope! Ya, Im glad to be back in the wine to... its been such a crazy time!!!

Qstang, hope all heals well!! Nikki, congrats on the weight loss!! I need to get on that again!!!!! Hopefully once fishing season starts again Ill be out alkl day awau from food!! I have the metabolism of a dang sloth!!!! :m

Me too in a little bit Mike. My wife is not an early riser like I am so we do the 11:30 Mass. Some time today Im picking up a free blow up Kayak with dc pump. Just need to get a oar and PFD and now Ill be on the water this year.

boat.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fish! I will be working on my boat, replacing the center console. Boy there are a lot of wires, hope I can get it running again after all this.

Thats not me, thats my buddy whos giving the boat to me. I havenyt done much fresh water bass fishing as without a boat its just not great bass fishing but thuis year that wuill now change.

Wade, VERY cool to be gettin a kayak for free!!! How wonderful is that!!!! I can not wait to get back out and paddle again! I can not wait for spring and warmer weather :)

Last edited:
Transferred one batch of Pee to the carboy. Getting ready to take my daughter to a friends birthday party. I'm off tomorrow so I think I'll devote the day to racking wines that are over due. I'll need to make a costco run for sugar and lemon for more pee.

Backsweetening the Gewurztraminer and the first batch of pee. Labels all done for the Gewurz, don't know what I am going to call the pee.

Juicing some fruit. Going to make a rhubarb/blackberry/strawberry and save some strawberry juice for an fpack. Will post when I get everything ready.

Not to rub it in Wade, but I took the wife with me yesterday and we caught 44 more crappie. Enough to supply both my boys with plenty to eat and plenty for the freezer. This used to be common place for catching like that years ago but with years of drought and several hurricanes it had all but went away. It is unbelievable how it has come back. I will be catch and release for awhile now since I am stocked up. Loren

Backsweetening the Gewurztraminer and the first batch of pee. Labels all done for the Gewurz, don't know what I am going to call the pee.

Hey Saddlebronze, after backsweetening your Gewurtztraminer, what was your SG?

Not to rub it in Wade, but I took the wife with me yesterday and we caught 44 more crappie. Enough to supply both my boys with plenty to eat and plenty for the freezer. This used to be common place for catching like that years ago but with years of drought and several hurricanes it had all but went away. It is unbelievable how it has come back. I will be catch and release for awhile now since I am stocked up. Loren

Loren, I just finish eating supper but now you have my mouth watering, 44 crappie, that is awesome. LOL, my husband is a hell of a hunter but a lousy fisherman.

Got my boat and then went trout fishing in my favorite hole that hasnt been producing but look what showed up instead!

IMG_0019.jpg

Latest posts

Back