What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been very busy at work. Will be attending more trainings and conferences at the State level.
I have some new kits to start but waiting until we move. Hopefully in the next couple of months. June is the deadline I set for how long I can stay in the in-law apartment before I go nuts. House hunting tomorrow with the realtor so wish me luck!
So, until I can make wine again, I've been making beer since it moves fast. I've got ten gallons of Red Ale in primary. Wines are aging in glass and ready to bottle at this point. I've been able to wind down a lot of my stock to make the planned move easier.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll get on more often soon :)

Got a call from a client at 8:15am today. He was having an issue with internet access so he hit the power button on his server. Well apparently one of the hard drives was going bad and caused some other problems with the bad shut down. So 2 of the 3 hard drives are now bad. So much for redundancy! He killed the battery backup on the raid controller before the data was written to the drive. Corrupt drives don't boot well.

If any of you shut off your computers by holding the power button in please stop doing that! It's bad.

So I'm still here 15hrs later now rebuilding his server and restoring data.

Since I'm not home with a glass of wine, I decided to whine here. Luckily for me I'm paid by the hour :) but I'm tired and have many more hours to go this weekend before they open on Monday.

Oh well.... At least I was able to video chat with my kids before they went to bed. Awesome sushi place a mile away too.
Sorry for rambling, brain is fading.

Been very busy at work. Will be attending more trainings and conferences at the State level.
I have some new kits to start but waiting until we move. Hopefully in the next couple of months. June is the deadline I set for how long I can stay in the in-law apartment before I go nuts. House hunting tomorrow with the realtor so wish me luck!
So, until I can make wine again, I've been making beer since it moves fast. I've got ten gallons of Red Ale in primary. Wines are aging in glass and ready to bottle at this point. I've been able to wind down a lot of my stock to make the planned move easier.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll get on more often soon :)

Did you guys find a place?

Sorry, just realized your post was last evening, so I am sure you haven't found a house yet.

Good luck, there are usually more houses on the market in the spring so I am sure you will find one before your deadline.

I don't want to jinx myself but we found a house we really like and are putting an offer on it sometime tomorrow morning. Realtor is writing the contract as I type this.
I'll have an acre of land with a house that was completely renovated in 2005. It's really nice!
I'll have my grapes growing, vegetable gardens and even be able to keep some chickens. :) Hopefully this goes through!

Spent yesterday and today installing hardwood floors in my dining room and living room. Put down about 340 sq foot of Brazillian Cherry so far. Still have about 30" in the living room and 36" in the dining room then onto the hall way and the stairs. I have a total of about 670 sr ft to put down. Here's the living room at the end of day 2. Looking forward to finishing up both of these rooms tomorrow then I'll square off my bottom rounded step so when I'm ready I can go on to that. Monday with any luck at all, I' be starting on the stairs.

For now, it's wine-thirty.

IMAG0169.jpg

Last edited:
Doug, I was in your "hood" yesterday. Picked up some supplies at South Hills Brewing.

How's UR back and knees

Feel like I've been hit by a few trucks. Started at 8;30 this am, by 5:15 i had enough. Good thing I'm on vacation all next week. I don't know if I'm making decent progress or not since Its been a long time since I installed floors, but I can tell you that this is not something I would want to do every day. I am saving about 4k in installation charges and I bought about 800-1000 in tools. Some were needed some were just to replace aging tools that my son has. It will be well worth it when it's done.

I moved my parrot into the living room from the dining room while I was doing the floor in there. I think she is digging the living room. She seems alot more talkative and she is sitting on my shoulder while I'm enjoying wine-thirty. seriously need to trim her nails....

WOW is it cold out. Yesterday we got about 18" of snow at my house and the temp this morning when I got up was -8*. Last week I was working outdoors without a coat on Mon, tue and Wed. Looks like today I'll be washing more bottles.

Heading up to Cleveland for the Ohio State Michigan Outdoor hockey game at Progressive Field. :try and I'M NOT DRIVING!! :dg:dg:dg

Going to my wine club monthly meeting..

We will see how this goes 3 topics

Latest posts

Back