What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew!

Tonight my chiropractor called to ask me if I had wine yeast. He was going to try to make some concord. He leant me some 6 and 7 gal carboys some years back. I give him wine periodically. I wrote down some basic instructions and gave him some chemicals. I hope it's at least drinkable! He used to make wine and beer and got the equipment from his Grandpa. These are definitely OLD carboys... some are blue... all have "bubbles" that look cool.

Debbie

Racked my 11 gallons of Malvasia Bianca, Johanesberg Reisling, Brianna and 5 3/4 gallons of Elderberry. Tomorrow I'll rack the other 6 gallons of Elderberry. THe better bottles are bigger than my 5 gallon glass carboys so I was able to fill the 5 a 1/2 and a 750ml bottle. Given that fact, I should be ok with a 5 and a gallon jug tomorrow.

Just sitting here listening to the rain, again!!!!!! The forecast calls for rain as far as and including Thursday!!!!!! :rn :po:m

Just brushing the dust off the old resume. Got an opportunity to move up the corporate ladder at work, yipee!

I'm applying for a new job as well. Phone interview on Monday. I have an excellent shot at this. It's a longer drive, but less stress. It should be a little more money which will cover the gas costs. Had to get the resume updated a few days ago.

Debbie

I'm applying for a new job as well. Phone interview on Monday. I have an excellent shot at this. It's a longer drive, but less stress. It should be a little more money which will cover the gas costs. Had to get the resume updated a few days ago.

Debbie

You don't come across a job which offers less stress and more money too often. My current job is about twenty minutes out of town but it's worth it for a good career. I'm getting my foot in the door, anyway. Good luck with your situation!

Thanks Julie, you have to reach out for them when they do come around. My supervisor told me about it and said he thinks that I would have a good shot so I have my fingers crossed!

Good luck on the jobs.
I'll be married in a few more days. October 8 coming up fast.

Congratulations on the marriage! I'd send you a bottle of wine but I'm guessing you will have that covered. :p

just picked up these 6 gallon buckets

Caifornia;
Mixed Black
Cabernet Sauvignon
Barbera
Sangiovese
White Merlot
Gewurtztraminer

Italian
Dolcetto
Borolo
Cabernet Sauvignon
Amarone

Yes.... for HER sake.... RUN!!!

Congrats! May you have a wonderful life together!

My new job opportunity would be 45 min away... and then travel from there! My 5.5 yr old car is in for an oil change today... 94,000 mi... and I've only travelled for this current job for 16 months. We can't buy used cars, we'd be buying one every other year!

Debbie

Today I'm:
Bottling MMM Rojo Intensio from barrel
Racking CC Yikima into barrel
Clarifying / stabilizing MMR Roso D'Avola
starting WE petit Verdot with grape pack
Washing / de-labeling 33 bottles
Sound like enough for one Saturday/

Oh, almost forgot, dinner date with wife. Better go take my vitamins. :r

And find time to slip a little nap in as well!

OK I'll bite what the heck is a Yikima? :)

Today I'm:
Bottling MMM Rojo Intensio from barrel
Racking CC Yikima into barrel
Clarifying / stabilizing MMR Roso D'Avola
starting WE petit Verdot with grape pack
Washing / de-labeling 33 bottles
Sound like enough for one Saturday/

Oh, almost forgot, dinner date with wife. Better go take my vitamins. :r

Back