Quantcast

WineXpert Vitner's Reserve- Pinot Grigio

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

WildSeedGrrrl

Reaction score
I just bought a VR white wine kit and I've never used this one before. I am hoping for some summer drinking (the next 2 months). I've made their merlot and I can't wait to drink it after it ages a bit.

jobe05

Reaction score
I have made a couple of the VR white kits. I like them for a quick drinker and some of the whites, like the Johannisburg Riesling was the best I have had, however I think I did that Bottonage thinggy on it. Do you have those instructions posted somewhere on here Wade? Thats a handy and worth while process to use on some whites.

smurfe

Reaction score
Moved this to the Wine Expert forum since we have it. The Vintner's Reserve Pinot Grigio is actually a very good kit for a low level kit. Most of the whites are fine. I have never been impressed by any of their reds. I was just saying in another thread that we just drank our last bottle of VR Pinot Grigio that was close to 5 years old. It was from the very first kit I ever made. It was a very good bottle of wine. Give it as any wine a little time to age and it will be a nice, easy drinking wine.

WildSeedGrrrl

Reaction score
5 years. I was under the impression that the alcohol content wasn't high enough to do good aging? Everything I've read so far has said that alcohol over 12% will last longer. The red wine I made had a reading that was the equiv of like 9-10%.

I was planning on adding sugar to my kit.

WSG

smurfe

Reaction score
5 years. I was under the impression that the alcohol content wasn't high enough to do good aging? Everything I've read so far has said that alcohol over 12% will last longer. The red wine I made had a reading that was the equiv of like 9-10%.

I was planning on adding sugar to my kit.

WSG
I am beginning to believe that is a marketing ploy to drink wine faster and buy more kits. Wine Expert said you need to drink this wine up within 6 months. Maybe I just have good storage.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
While wines with a higher abv will stand the test of time better a wine with 9-105 will last longer then 6 months and actually that is about the time when this wine will become really good.