WineXpert Vitner's Reserve- Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildSeedGrrrl

Reaction score
I just bought a VR white wine kit and I've never used this one before. I am hoping for some summer drinking (the next 2 months). I've made their merlot and I can't wait to drink it after it ages a bit.

I have made a couple of the VR white kits. I like them for a quick drinker and some of the whites, like the Johannisburg Riesling was the best I have had, however I think I did that Bottonage thinggy on it. Do you have those instructions posted somewhere on here Wade? Thats a handy and worth while process to use on some whites.

Moved this to the Wine Expert forum since we have it. The Vintner's Reserve Pinot Grigio is actually a very good kit for a low level kit. Most of the whites are fine. I have never been impressed by any of their reds. I was just saying in another thread that we just drank our last bottle of VR Pinot Grigio that was close to 5 years old. It was from the very first kit I ever made. It was a very good bottle of wine. Give it as any wine a little time to age and it will be a nice, easy drinking wine.

5 years. I was under the impression that the alcohol content wasn't high enough to do good aging? Everything I've read so far has said that alcohol over 12% will last longer. The red wine I made had a reading that was the equiv of like 9-10%.

I was planning on adding sugar to my kit.

WSG

5 years. I was under the impression that the alcohol content wasn't high enough to do good aging? Everything I've read so far has said that alcohol over 12% will last longer. The red wine I made had a reading that was the equiv of like 9-10%.

I was planning on adding sugar to my kit.

WSG

I am beginning to believe that is a marketing ploy to drink wine faster and buy more kits. Wine Expert said you need to drink this wine up within 6 months. Maybe I just have good storage.

While wines with a higher abv will stand the test of time better a wine with 9-105 will last longer then 6 months and actually that is about the time when this wine will become really good.

Back