Tropical Daze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm just checked the recipe at beginning of this thread and it definitely says 3tsp :D

I just read the instructions at the top it says 3tsp but down below it says 3tbl so I missed that... The recipe post could be edited to correct that?

I just read the instructions at the top it says 3tsp but down below it says 3tbl so I missed that... The recipe post could be edited to correct that?

both the ingredients and preparation section state "3 Tsp Acid Blend".
Note that capital T, which is an indicator for Tablespoon.

To me Tsp or tsp is teaspoon and T or Tbsp is tablespoon I'm a cook... But I've been known to be wrong lol

I see what you're saying now.....the first section reads Tsp whereas the next section reads Tbl.

Tom should make the correction to avoid confusion.

Ya even through tbl isn't right either that makes more sense to me to seem like tbsp or T

Thanks for setting me straight guys! And hopefully bringing clarity to the recipe! I just added another 2 tbsps of acid blend and tasted it's much better! I'll do a TA test later!

PM Tom and ask him to edit the first post just to make it more clear or bullet proof...
I can do it if you want me to.

Sure whatever works because I definitely just copied the recipe down and skimmed through and if on both places the reference to tablespoon is incorrect many ppl like myself could easily mistake it for teaspoon Tsp

I just edited out the lemon juice, I didn't use any, the 2 Cans of Pineapple will provide enough acidity, also, you'll want to keep the two cans of Pineapple juice, one can just wasn't enough pineapple flavor. The acid blend is teaspoons, the reason is that the pineapple is acidic enough, to be honest, I really don't think it is necessary, but again, taste it and adjust it to your individual taste.
Keep us posted on the results.

Thanks!

OMG! I just added two more tbsps of acid blend lol I did use 2 cans of pineapple juice... I guess now I have to do a TA test before pitching my yeast...

So many ppl have made it with 3 tbsps? Did it turn out ok? Can I just add some water then?

Does the acidity get worse during fermentation from the pineapples and pineapple juice? As of now it tastes like a tart DB but with tropical fruit instead...

Carolyn,
That's basically what it will taste like an tropical DB, the exception is the honey, it will give it more body and mouth feel.
Sorry for the confusion.

Latest posts

Back