Tropical Daze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DazedYeoman88 we tried looking through our notes or lack of and came to the summary that we added all sugar and whatever honey to get S.G. to the level indicated.

Started this last Thursday, SG 1.090 with 20 cups of pure cane sugar so I didn't add the honey. Rehdryated 71B with GoFerm Fri and pitched. Checked daily yesterday @ 1.010 and today @ .900 pretty quick I think (temps were around 76-78).

Thank you for the recipe. Just started a batch and wow this is fermenting very fast! Temperatures have been in the 80's around here, started on 6/11 at 1.092 it is now 6/15 at 1.022.
Mine went from 1.090 on 05/17/19 to .900 on 05/22/19!!!

If I was to do 5 gallons of this I assume I'd have to adjust sugar content. Anything else?
I recently made this and it is really really good. I started with 6 1/2 gallons of water because I wanted enough volume to fill up a 6 gallon carboy without the need to top up. I just took the original recipe and adjusted everything up accordingly. I did double the Pectin and added 32 oz of apple juice along with 2# of frozen bananas 👍

Back