This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arcticsid, I disappointed that you don't have any moose horns on top of your door :p I miss living up there.

Here's me Back in 1992 at Cinnabar hunting camp. I didn't do any REAL bush flying flying Denali or anything but I did do some interesting trips in my 207, near Aniak, Alaska. :r
cinebar.jpg

Here's me (on the left) from a couple years ago at 41,000feet in a Falcon 2000:i. 000_0061.jpg

Great pics there! What exactly are all those buttons on top inside the plane?

Great pics there! What exactly are all those buttons on top inside the plane?

Actually, the Green, white and Grey (et.al) are circuit breakers. You got a Month or so, I can teach you what the rest do :)

Last edited:
Wow shoop. Small world. I have been watching "flying alaska wild" on the discovery channel. The thing I dont like is that they profile a few young "hotshot" kids who have little experience flying up here. The show does focus on flying out of Aniak, and I sure do like Ariel.

I myself have 12 hours dual. Ran out of money. As I mentioned to Deb in another thread, the first time I ever flew was with Doug Geeting out of Talkeetna. We left in a 180 on floats from Crhistmas lake. Doug is a well known glacier pilot, often bringing mountain climbers to the base of Mt. McKinley.

I was flying with one of my instructors about ten years ago out of Milwaukee. After we cleared Milwaukee airspace, he fell asleep. I flew all the way to alpine valley by myself. (Thats where Stevie Ray Vaughn was killed in that tragic accident.) I was thinking about landing but didn't feel that good so I woke him up!! LOL

So.. I have taken off but have bever landed.

The first time I turned a 360, I only lost 150 feet, not bad for a pollack huh?

Long story, but, I was on Ft Wainwright (Army post, connected to Fairbanks) and I got to fly the Blackhawk Simulator for about 40 minutes. Once in a life time experience. One of the worlds most expensive video games for sure. One hell of an experience! I crashed the first time but landed it successfully the second try.

I had never had flown a helicopter before!

So what were you doing here? Why did you leave?

Again, hats off to Westerville, where my sisters live!

Last edited:
FLYING WILD ALASKA!!!! Know it well. Love the show. I flew for MarkAir Express. We were direct competitors of Era. That show pretty much splians what I was doing up there! Spen a lot of time in Unalakleet as well. and I had 650 hours when I went up there, but I wasn't a hot shot :i :i
I know some people who know Arial and she is actually really smart!! The (for some reason) produced her to be that way. As I'm sure you're away of, MarkAir went away so I came to Columbus to continue flying. Far cry from bush flying as I now fly provate jets for a company called NetJets. Here's a pic from when I was in Aniak......Gods country!! I remember when I 1st got there I was excited that it actually had running water, and TREES :) (I came from Bethel)

Image11.jpg

The privacy clause says I cant tell you any of that!

Good to see we share a commaon ground, for a long time I was afraid those in here thought I wasjust full of it.

The only one who knows for certain is R Wolf, and that is only because of the polar bear hunt.

You should have seen him run after the bear came after him!!! Luckily it finally died!

That Dan, one hell of a "ta'aniq"! LOL
:)

The privacy clause says I cant tell you any of that!

Good to see we share a commaon ground, for a long time I was afraid those in here thought I wasjust full of it.

The only one who knows for certain is R Wolf, and that is only because of the polar bear hunt.

You should have seen him run after the bear came after him!!! Luckily it finally died!

That Dan, one hell of a "ta'aniq"! LOL

ROTFLMAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) I remember taking a friend of mine down to King Salmon for a Caribou trip. and while "Scoping" out the area he spotted a brown bear "the size of texas" LOL. I axed him which way the bear went and he said "Towards camp"!!!! There was 3 of us in a 8X8 trapper's cabin, I had the window...I didn't seep well that night :)
You know...we could go on and on with AK stories. do you suppose others will get bored? :a1 R Wolf, did you go to "BEAR CAMP"?? SWEET!!

Last edited:
I want to know who was flying that plane with the 2 of you schmoozing to the camera!!

Debbie

I was kind of wondering where you guys got those blunts at 40,000 feet?

Great Pic. Thanks for sharing. Nice bikes, too. Is that your house under construction in the background?

Thanks...yeah we designed and built that a couple years ago, broke ground 6/1/08 moved in 12/15/08

Back