The great white wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great white and country wines contest

It has potential:HB good luck to everyone:dbkeep shipping lets make this a forum event to remember and thanks..from Johnt an me.:dbstill a lot of time left.............................................................:ib

Last edited by a moderator:
@JohnT , I'll send mine Monday (will PM you the tracking info) for Tuesday delivery. If I sent it today it would sit on a truck all weekend, probably okay, but why take a chance. FYI, I'm sending my last bottle of a Pinot Grigio you helped me adjust the acid on last year, so after testing don't throw the leftovers. I may add a 375 ml bottle of one of this Spring's batch because it's zingier, and I know you like a PG that zings (not meant as a bribe but I truly think I have room left in the package for it).

Edit: Bottles ready, just need to add some info to the bottle then will send Monday.

Last edited:
@ JohnT

Do you have the availability to chill all these bottles ?

Or do you let them sit outside overnight and chill down- all depending on the low for that day - of course.

I personally think 60 degrees or just a bit lower is a good temp - I think if it is too cold you will loose alot of aroma and your palate will be offset by the cold temperature

Just my opinion

Just 16 days left!!

If you plan on entering, and have not done so already, you should think about sending your entries soon!

Great white and country wines contest

johnt post the contestants ....:db

Just 12 days left until judging!!!

I currently have 32 distinct entries. This count does not include the entries that Joe will bring with him.

I will take a photo of all the entries on the day of judging.

The members that have sent entries are in BOLD

@TONYR
AMANDA660
BERNARD SMITH
BARBIEK
BOATBOY24 - to be shipped today
BREWBUSH
CEEATON
CGALLAMO
CMSBEN61
CODEMAN
DKING193