The great white wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just 8 days left until judging!!!

I currently have 35 distinct entries. This count does not include the entries that Joe will bring with him.

The members that have sent entries are in BOLD

Time is a-wastin! Time to get those entries sent.. (ahem... @ROCKY, @IBGLOWIN, et al)

TonyR
AMANDA660
BERNARD SMITH
BARBIEK
BOATBOY24
BREWBUSH
CEEATON
CGALLAMO
CMSBEN61
CODEMAN
DKING193
FABIOLA
GEEK
HEATHERD
IBGLOWIN
JGMANN67
JOHNY99
KEVINLFIFER (TWO SIPS)
KRAFFTY
MISMOST
NEVIAWEN
ROCKY
RODNBORO
SAGE
SUZYWINEMAKER
TOM - (TO BE PICKED UP BY JOE)
VACUUMPUMPMAN

Just picked up Tom's wine 2 entrees I have 1 from the Geek,1 from vacumepumpman ,2 from Kate. No

Folks,

We currently have 41 entries in this competition.

I have organized the entries into "flights". We will judge each flight with breaks in between.

Here is how it currently breaks down. I have them organized from the most dry to the most sweet. If anybody has a suggestion on changing the order of flights, please let me know..

Flight Category #Entries
1 --Sauvignon Blanc --- 6
2 - Chardonnay -------- 6
3 - Pinot Grigio / Gris - 5
4 - Viognier -------------- 3
5 - Other Whites ------- 8
6 - Semi Sweet --------- 5
7 - Sweet ----------------- 8

Total Entries ----------- 41

Last edited:
John, remind me the day of the contest....maybe I can take the plunge and drive down to NJ...:fsh

yes we have a lot of work ahead of us:ib The net result is that we get to know each of you who participate not just as a name ,but as a wine maker and that is a really big deal so that when a conversation is had we not only know you we know you handy work.

Last edited:
Just 3 days until "Judgment Day".

I have all of the entries in my winery which is set to 55 degrees.

Good luck and thank you to all those that have entered!

my few are in my wine frig.....the stage is set.:db....johnt I'll see you around 11:30 or so okay?

yes ,but you'll have to be content with the visuals no contestants are allowed will were judging.:h

This is a time consuming endeavor,we'll take our time have breaks in-between flights,about 4 to 5 hour's then if it goes as planned at the end of the process all the tabulations will already have been concluded,then it's up to johnt to decide when to publish the findings.,gather the metal's and ship them. I believe that will be the process unless johnt decides to do differently.

Breaks in-between flights,scores are edited after the last taster has edited results of the wine being judge all the results are being handled by a person not tasting and recording all results.per wine per flight .

Once again I'd like to say thank you so much for offering this opportunity! Love my friends & family......& random people I get to try this or that but they really don't give me feedback aimed at making me better at this craft. I want to make really good wine in the comfort of my own home and that requires feedback that I can take back to my notes and discover what I am doing right or not so right. So again thank you!

Getting decent feedback is and should be the most important element a wine maker can get good or bad always take into account the quality of a wine makers sanitation skills,they are the basic premise by which we start the process.The base wine is the element that in most cases will make or break a wine's potential before you start whether it's,grapes,fruit ,fresh juice or a kit,qualitycomes an goes, you need to be able to understand the Sg,Ph and a wide variety of other components needed to complete your journey.Even the best pro's fail at times but try to overcome there faults and start . Home wine maker's are known different we win some and lose some but never give up.So to all of you who entered thank You from,Johnt and I . Luck has nothing to do with wine making ,patient,sanatation and the understanding of the process does.s signing off till afterwards Joeswine.

Back