Shippable Australian juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these going this morning.

Grenache: brix 21 pH 3.25

Syrah: brix 23 pH 3.58

Cab Sauv: brix 23 pH 3.55

Added grape packs, didn't redo SG. No TA either. Did add FT Rouge to primary. Used all 6 packs of BM4x4 provided. Probably over kill, but wanted to make sure the ferment takes off, never having dealt with juice processed like this.

Buckets came with juice contained in a bladder inside a plastic bag. The bladder had dam that needed to be punctured for pouring.

IMG_20180714_120549922_1702_1.jpg

I'm very excited for this Chenin Blanc. I used montrachet and gave it some nutrient on day 3. It's already fermented to dry. I racked yesterday, and took a small sample this morning. Nice fruity aroma. Taste had the bright acidity and minterality that you would expect from and excellent Chenin. I'm regretting not buying more of these, but I'll be away from the house for the next month and wont have time to tend to an early fermentation.

I'm very interested to hear how the reds go from the other people on this thread.

All three reds off to a vigorous start, smell is very good, especially the syrah. Put the MLB in this morning. all is good.
Nice!! I received the grape pack and am waiting to start these after the dust settles (literally) on some masonry work we've having done in our kitchen, which is my fermentation space.

These are all off the gross lees at this point, they were at .992 after 4-5 days, the grenache finishing first. All 3 received the same yeast and MLB. The grenache looks inert, the cab has some activity and shiraz is still quite active. Will be interesting to see if MLF completes on all three.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back