Shippable Australian juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw those in their email newsletter recently, have you tried these before? Planning to add any frozen grapes or skins to them? Interested to hear how they turn out.....
I got two chenin blanc and one Cabernet Sauvignon. I will add grapes to the latter. I have not made these before.

3 buckets @75 each with shipping @21.95 each, total around $300+/-. 75 bottles finished wine, around $4 each. Still not a bad deal. Has anyone here obtained the Australian juice before? They state it's high quality juice.

3 buckets @75 each with shipping @21.95 each, total around $300+/-. 75 bottles finished wine, around $4 each. Still not a bad deal. Has anyone here obtained the Australian juice before? They state it's high quality juice.
I have not... this is pretty cool, though, as not all vendors have Australian juice to sell.... much less to ship.

Yay, the three Australian juice buckets arrived yesterday in great condition, shipped via fedex and boxed individually. Haven’t opened the buckets yet but they are super clean on the outside. Very exciting!

There are two Chenin Blanc and one Cabernet Sauvignon.

I ordered a bucket of frozen Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon must from juicegrapedotcom and will split the juice and must into two batches. So that will be a single varietal from different continents. I’m thinking transcontinental cab for the name.

I will post more when I get them started....

IMG_2196.jpg

Now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not ordering Australian buckets. I need a midsummer ferment. I think I'll reach out tomorrow and see if they have any available.

Transcontinental cab, nice!!

Interesting........ square buckets. Harvested in March.

Will be interested how these turn out. Did they provide any numbers on the juice?

E9180A1C-1180-49A3-8899-AC86D5EB6CB4.jpeg
Now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not ordering Australian buckets. I need a midsummer ferment. I think I'll reach out tomorrow and see if they have any available.

Will be interested how these turn out. Did they provide any numbers on the juice?
I’ve done 3 batches with great results. Have always fermented as is and blended at bottling. Shiraz and Cab Sauv 2:1.

I need a midsummer ferment.

Not sure what your preferences are but peach season is coming up as well as other fruits.

Peach is on my radar. Also blackberry, blueberry, cherry blend. Which ever quality fruit I can get first will decide the batch.

Hi Paul,
They didn't provide any numbers. They are still sealed while I wait for my cab sauv must. It's kind of cool to be able to start them at any time...
Heather

Neat name, would you consider doing 3 batches. 3 gallons straight Chilean, 3 straight Australian and 6 gallons of the mix. You could always blend the two 3's if blend turns out better.
That's an interesting idea Fred - I usually split batches with different yeast, but that's a cool thought...

Neat name, would you consider doing 3 batches. 3 gallons straight Chilean, 3 straight Australian and 6 gallons of the mix. You could always blend the two 3's if blend turns out better.
That's an interesting idea Fred - I usually split batches with different yeast, but that's a cool thought...

Back