REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to purchase the filter setup as recommended by Steve. He spent a fair amount of time on the phone reviewing the setup and his recommended process, from setup, sanitizing and filtering. Thanks again Steve. Merry Christmas again to me...

Tony

Decided to purchase the filter setup as recommended by Steve. He spent a fair amount of time on the phone reviewing the setup and his recommended process, from setup, sanitizing and filtering. Thanks again Steve. Merry Christmas again to me...

Tony

If you ordered from filtersfast.com, I hope you are having better luck then me. Ordered mine on 12-4 and just got off the phone with them.....and it's still not shipped. Only the filter housing was back ordered, other parts needed they had. First back ordered then waiting to be put into stock/bins and then should be shipping out shortly. Same BS for three weeks. Never again.
But I did use the pump for racking.....works great. Thanks Steve.

Last edited:
I've always had great experiences with filtersfast. I've never tried to order OOS items though.

Try Water Filters Fast, they have the same products, almost the same pricing, I had to order the filter housing there, filtersfast was out, just remember, it is the holiday season, shipping will be sloooooooow.

I used the part numbers that were given to me for filters fast, I'll give you the exact info as soon as I get back to my office.

Not trying to derail the filter discussion. But I have an allinone question about max gallon amounts and plastic containers (not better bottles)

I'm thinking of trying a 30gal batch and want to use either Flextank or the Speidel plastic containers. The Speidel containers seem plenty rigid enough to maintain the negative pressure of the pump.

Thoughts or suggestions? I like the features of the pump but want to make sure it works with my proposed set up.

Sorry if in wrong thread.

order the "allinone......" plus order a filter set up.
Thanks Steve for all the info you sent me.

Last edited:
How difficult is it to clean the filter set-up? Does it affect the wines taste? How often do you need to change the filter? How many gallons can go through before changing?

How difficult is it to clean the filter set-up ?
Very easy - just remove the filter and run water and or sulfite thru it.Does it affect the wines taste? No - not in my opinion How often do you need to change the filter? I do not save the filters,considering they are soo cheap and I could possibly ruin a batch of wine if I did not store it properly. How many gallons can go through before changing?
That is a good question - some will say up to 1000 gallons - others 65 gallons - it is mainly on how clear your wine that you are filtering and to what micron size

I hope this helps - I am no expert on filters

Just wondering if folks use the whole house filter cartridge for a commercial setup rather than the typical heavy duty (and expensive) plate filters?

Just my personal opinion that I believe that most people on this post (review of the Allinone) will typically choose the cannister filter because of the price,clean-up of ease,takes up very little space, and it also works well in conjunction with the Allinone.

Alot of customers have purchased the cannister filters for the exact same reasons as stated above.

If you filter a 5 gallon batch and it is going to be a few weeks before you filter another batch, can the filter be saved or is it better to toss it and get a new one each time?

My personal opinion is to toss the filter - because I do not want to possibly ruin the batch of wine because I wanted to save 4 dollars. But others put them in a sealed container of sulfite.

I use a house filter, but I don't have a commercial set up...

And you can toss the filter or, as Steve said, keep it suspended in a sulfite solution. You can just fill the filter housing with a mild starsan solution, that's what I usually do. 6 weeks is a bit much, though, I'd probably toss it if it's going to be that long, but just my opinion.

Last edited:
I spent all afternoon racking wines and putting them away for cold stabilization. I had the opportunity to use my allinone for the first time. Folks, it doesn't get easier than this! What a great experience.

150615_10100114819053829_76332814_n.jpg

I received my allinwinepump yesterday. Spent time on the phone with Steve before I purchased it. A really good conversation about wine making. I bottled a WE peach apricot chardonnay today. Wow, was that fast and easy. I am impressed. This really makes bottling easy. I will be filtering three wines on New years. I will also be using the pump to bottle my Red Mountain Trio next weekend. Can't wait.

Last edited:
The clear filter housing from filterfast is out of stock, hope they get some in stock soon.

Latest posts

Back