REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I have a question, will it pull a vacuum through a filter?

Yes it most defintley will and look back in previous posts and all the information where to purchase (filterfast) housing,wrench,bracket and 2 filters is under 30 dollars -

Hi Steve,

I know you recommend 1micro filter for whites, but woudl the vacuum pump work fine for .35micron or .50micron filters? I am debating about diving into filtering yeast out to leave a higher RS level with minimal sorbates.

If it works great with those smaller filters, do you recommend using a 1 micron filter first then a .35/.50 filter?

Hi Steve,

I know you recommend 1micro filter for whites, but woudl the vacuum pump work fine for .35micron or .50micron filters? I am debating about diving into filtering yeast out to leave a higher RS level with minimal sorbates.

If it works great with those smaller filters, do you recommend using a 1 micron filter first then a .35/.50 filter?

the .35 micron is no problem at all - it all depends on how much volume of wine you are dealing with in order to step down in sizes. It is always a good idea so you do not clog the filter prematurely, but if you are working with small batches (less than 12 gallons ) I would say you should be ok

When ever you filter make sure your wine is clear to start with first - then filter

I also have purshased filters from McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#45235k94/=eys0fr
which also carries .35 micron filter for around 12 dollars
it is a nominal filter rating like the others from filter fast

Hey Steve, thanks for the quick reply and offer for more info! Super sorry that I went and disappeared, life has been a bit complicated recently. Too much going on. Very much appreciate it though! Will be looking to order your pump certainly by Christmas, and then will be in touch regarding the links for the filter set up! Thanks again!

Ordered the allinonewinepump Nov 11, after reading all the reviews saying this is a must have...well got mine today and was like a kid on Christmas morning, I couldn’t wait to get home any try it out. And talk about perfect timing today i was suppose to rack my WX Eclipse merlot and Zin/syrah. Within an hour both were racked. If you don't already have the allinonewinepump get it.
IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!! I am looking forward to bottling with this gem.

Thank you Steve aka (vacuumpumpman):b

Dan

I was going to get the mini-jet, but this will be much more useful, Merry Christmas to me...

Tony

Tony, I have no personal ties to the "All in One", but would like to respectfully give you my own personal opinion if that's ok.

If you did not buy the mini-jet yet I would give it another thought. I owned one and used it for several years and it did a great job other than leaking (which was ok as I use iit in the basement and not the kitchen). Once I used a canister filter I never used it again and sold it.

For the same money or a few dollars more you can get the "all in one" which will bottle and rack for you (this is a big deal). Than for around 50-75 dollars they can set you up with a filter. Now you can filter and bottle in one step. Now thats my friend is pretty damn cool. I know, I've been doing it for years.

I only mention this to you as another winemaker to help you save money and time in this great hobby.

I've been making kits for a while now and need to move to the next step of efficiency. I've been putting off on filtering since my wines are very clear and don't have an issue with them in that regard. Degassing has been a PIA early on, I did buy a mity-mite vacuum brake bleeder, which works well and exercises my hands. ;)

But, reading about the "All in One", and seeing the video has convinced me in that direction. I may get some house filtering stuff to put inline at some point. So, as soon as my retirement check hits on Dec 1, I'll be ordering. My wife says I can't open til Christmas ;(

Thanks for the insight,

Tony

Placed my order yesterday at 7:11 pm and had a email at 9:05 that it had been shipped!!!! Now thats service....I am going to be like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for my wine pump to show up in the mail.

I don't need one, but you guys are making me want one anyway :)

I should be getting word this weekend if the in laws are buying one for me for Christmas, if not, I'm pulling the trigger and buying it myself. (that just means I'll put a Vinmetrica SC-300 on the Christmas list in its place...lmao)

Going to the PC soon to place my order. Can't wait...all done.

Last edited:
Mine was ordered today~!!!!! SWEEET!...Now I have to wait until Christmas to get it....lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back