Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Chianti

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaco

Reaction score
It looks like my new Renaissance Chianti (w/raisins)is on the Fedex truck for delivery today!!!! Has anyone made this kit ? I plan on starting it next weekend when I have lots of time to watch it, seems like the raisins are causing some problems during primary
smiley3.gif
I will try and post some pictures as it progresses.

I made this kit in December '06, and it is currently about 2 months into ageing. I encountered no problems at all with it. I did purchase a one gallon paint strainer and used it to squeeze the raisins as dry as possible at the end of primary fermentation. Not much must was recovered, less than 250ml, but upon tasting the raisins, all of the sugars had fermented out.

I have been very impressed with this kit and all of the Mosti kits I have started. I currently have 5 in various stages of production and a couple more waiting on my one primary fermenter.

Thanks Otto, How do you remove the raisins from the must???? My wife's favorite is a Chianti, soooo the pressure is on!!!

I just used a well-sanitized slotted spoon. As I recall, they were 100% 'floaters'.

Almost all of the my raisins were floaters, but I have found a few down towards the bottom. I purchased a 6 inch diameter food strainer from the grocery store to get the raisins. I put the raisins in a mesh bag and, like Otto, only got about 1/4 cup of juice from the raisins. Personally, I don't know if there is much benefit from straining the raisins excect it is 1/4 cup less liquid that you will need later to top off.
Be sure to use a 7.9 gallon fermenter and watch it daily. We have had several raisin kits foam out of the larger fermenters. As a result, keep an eye on it to make sure you don't have a mess on your hands.

Thanks George, I like the strainer idea, I will definitely pick one up. Also thank you for the quick delivery, I recieved everything a few minutes ago!!! I am in the process of trying the Vacu-vin idea for degassing my WE Trinity Red I have in bulk aging, I will let you know how it works.

I have this kit under carboy right now.

this wine clarifies much better than most other kit i have done.

i currently have some problems with my Cellarcrfat grape kit that have
a lot of things in suspension (even after the clarification step.
probably this is caused by the grape pack that i squish everyday to
extract as much asi can from thoses skins.

i had to fine with bentonite to clarify more after the normal sequence .

But with the mosti, it come clear really fast and this chianty will be great!

i think i will stick with the for a long time!

i have a meglioli Rojo Grande (april release) on order. can wait to fire this expensive baby :D

i think to have the best result with the mosti brand you need to be patient since it comes from more juice than other brand.

I have found the Mosti kits clear very well. I am really enjoying these kits.
I started the Meglioli Barolo and I will be surprised if it is not the best wine I have made. It is about 5 weeks old and is bursting with tannins. Going to rack it today.

I also have the Meglioli Pinot Gris at the same stage and will start the Meglioli Rojo Grande and Chardonnay soon. The price of these kits will be around $200.00, so I wanted to make some before I posted them for sale on the site.

I also have 4 customers making more of the Meglioli's. By the fall when the 2008 series will be released, I will be able to determine if they are worth the added cost.

Awesome news
smiley20.gif
...I have a Meglioli Barolo in route and I just need to get some bottling done to free up some carboys and shelf space! Edited by: masta

I started this kit on Thursday, checked it this morning and it looks and smells great!!!
20070324_070050_DSCN2848_Small.JPG
20070324_070158_DSCN2849_Small.JPG
20070324_070235_DSCN2850_Small.JPG
20070324_070330_DSCN2852_Small.JPG

Flaco, tell me, for me, a person who drinks only reds, usually Cabernet, Shiraz, love the Amarone (Mosti brands). Would this be one to purchase to add to my wine collection? Those different names I'm not familiar with!

jsmahoney, I would definitely think that if you love reds, a Chianti is one you should try!!! If the early indications of this wine hold true, it should be really good. I will keep everyone posted as I progress.

Day 2 & 3 of fermentation. As you can see, day 3 is very active and no foam (2nd picture)!!!
20070325_153301_DSCN2854_Small.JPG
20070325_153351_DSCN2855_Small.JPG

Flaco said:
jsmahoney, I would definitely think that if you love reds, a Chianti is one you should try!!! If the early indications of this wine hold true, it should be really good. I will keep everyone posted as I progress.

I've done a Renaissance wine Amarone, and it was outstanding! I'm thinking maybe I would like to try this Chianti! Looks really good in the pictures! Thanks!

Transfered to secondary @ 1.002 SG. Added oak chips as per the instructions. I was a little surprised at the SG reading since this is only day 5. The fermentation was very active compared to my two WE kits that I have done.

The instructions also say to leave the oak in for a week, my next transfer is in 14 days??? How wouldI go about this, or is it okay to leave the oak in for the 14 days???

20070327_192235_DSCN2856_Small.JPG

1.oo2 in five days! What was the original sg? Thermometr didnt want to float well in there huh?

Wade, the original SG was 1.094. Yeah, the thermometer was hanging for a few days. The only thing I can say is that the fermentation was really going crazy on day 3 and 4, the air-lock was going crazy!!!

I would leave the oak in for the full 14 days, then rack before adding the stabilizers and clearing agents. The oak is too big to go into a siphon, so the siphoning goes like normal.

Thanks George, my wife and daughter arrived in Keller today....Maybe they will be thoughful and stop bye your store and order me something??? I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back