Recipe Book

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm gonna regret this around the 3 A.M. hour. I will volunteer for the glossary if not taken.

I can start Monday with a rough draft. I would like someone really knowledg... (man that word is big) to fill in any blanks and to confirm.

Thanks, we're going to press on July 1, Please be ready! LOL

Additional, I believe it should include wine making tips and Do's and don'ts. A Glossery and definitions and how to's (read a hydrometer). Dangers and emergency advice on the chemicals. I've thought about this chemical thing several times. I always like to think of the worst scenario and what would be done in case.

All in all we can't put all this on 1 person. Let's divie it up, weather by chapters or topics. One or two can work on a "topic" then several can proof and make corrections. It can't be too specific but needs to be somewhat as we all do things differently.

Finally a final page of credits to EVERYONE who participated.

What do ya think about that? :h

What a mouthful !

My philosophy....If your going to do anything....do it right. That's why my first wine making endeavour was 20 gallons. Now I'm over 100.

Yeah, I thought you were looking a little old there brother, well you got Dan beat, he is 72!

HOLY CRAP, how did I miss this thread? I"m going to do what?

Just kidding, I did miss this thread last night somehow. Well I did drink a bottle of wine. Anyway, yes dj if you do the glossary that would be great. Other than that the only thing I am going to do right now is start pulling recipes.

I think it best it be kept basic but with detail. Pull several recipes of a wine and find the common denommenator. Then we could add variations such as substitute brown sugar, fruit juice instead of f/pak with real fruit etc.

I'll start collecting terms and once I believe I have them all I post them and have everyone review for any missing. I'm very excited even though it is a huge undertaking. This will teach me alot.

Let me know specifics on how you want it to be submitted. Will the entire thing be one post or split up. Can folks make comments or questions? I have some available time this week and probably the week after if you and I wanted to meet plus we are planning an Edinboro trip to see the NW PA Guru @ the july holiday.

P.S. Glad your well is well now.:)

I'll send you my email address and save it in word. I'm not concern on what version, just have it in word.

I am not going to pick and choose recipes. Everyone who placed a recipe on here will have a place. Yes we will probably have more than one for any particular wine. If I see several recipes posted by different people but they are exactly the same, I will use one recipe and list those who posted it. and the date it was posted.

I lied about starting Monday. I already did. My 3 fingers have been dropping the keyboard keys like panties on Prom night. I'm sticking to the basics and current lingo on here. I'm leaving out all the french, german spanish words that most would not know. There are other places for those and I don't want this to be as big as War and Peace.

I already started to download recipes off of the recipe thread and would anyone be interested in looking through

Fruit Wines
Wines from Grapes
Meads
Special Interest Wines​

Let me know.

I know some of these recipes don't have some items such as Tannin or acid blend and varying amounts. I would like to get that cleared up, d some fruits need more or less??? Sometimes it's hit and miss and so far the few fruits I've done were right on.

Just bought a new acid test kit yeasterday from S.H. Brewing. Still learning. I'll have to ask Wade, Tom, Dan and Luc when I can graduate.

I don’t want to get into critiquing a recipe. I really don’t feel I have that right. I simply just want to gather the recipes and place them in an orderly fashion. There will be a disclaimer at the beginning simply stating the recipes are here to try but winemakingtalk does not guarantee any recipe. Pretty much you try it at your own risk type of thing.

Let's try to keep this as simple as possible.

As time goes by there can always be a revision if we miss anything or there is an error.

great idea.. much better than having them in a forum

steve?.. loving the signature line again hehehe

Allie

The one good thing about having them in a forum, is that when people can comment and actively update ("i followed this and found it lacking, i suggest doubling the fruit"), it is a living document. i think that you should take into account the comments and at the least add them as footnotes after the recipe.

good point UBG.. and that was a consideration when we first set up the recipe section..

Allie

Theres nothing saying we cant have them in both the PDF or whatever Julie is going to put it in and here as it is now. Personally I think what we have is fine but I will put this recipe up for you guys no problem if thats what you want.

Latest posts

Back