re-intruduceing myself

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmandan

Junior
Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for I don't remember how long, but haven't posted very much (if at all) or in a long time. That being said, I'd like to re-introduce myself. My name's Dan.
After some thinking over the past few days, I decided to actually follow through with why I joined this forum to start with. That is learning as much about homemaking my on wine as I can. I've been homebrewing beer in 5 gallon batches for many years now, but never made wine. I want to start making my own wine but in smaller 1 or 3 gallon batches at a reasonable cost. I'm sure hanging around here will be helpful in getting some more info as well as recipes.

Hi Dan,

Welcome back to winemakingtalk. What types of wine are you interested in?

Welcome back or again or whatever!!!! LOL, Let us know what you want to make and we can help you out with the recipe.

Thanks again!
I'm looking at making some fruit wines in 1 gallon and 3 gallon batches. I've looked at ingredient kits for 5 gallon batches but am looking to not pay as much. My wife and I like the sweet wines. I also like some semi-sweet wines, but we really don't care too much for the dry wines. That's why I'm aiming towards the fruit wines. I'd be able to have many bottles of wine in the house, but with smaller batches, I'd be able to have several flavors available.

welcome back, as you already know, there's nothing this forum can not help with.
You will find Wine may take longer but is all in all easier to make than beer imo

welcome back, as you already know, there's nothing this forum can not help with.
You will find Wine may take longer but is all in all easier to make than beer imo

Yep; from what I've read and watched videos of, it looks easier and getting ingredients taken care of in the kitchen and into the fermentor may not take as long either. It's the waiting for it to ferment is where I'll have to have more patience. :b

Dan,

If you are looking at small batches of fruit wine, look into Welchs or Old Orchard frozen concentrates.

Dan,

If you are looking at small batches of fruit wine, look into Welchs or Old Orchard frozen concentrates.

That's one way I thought about doing it. I also thought about buying the bags of frozen fruit and extract the juices to use.

That's one way I thought about doing it. I also thought about buying the bags of frozen fruit and extract the juices to use.

Yes that is a good way as well. I use to get these bags of mixed tropical fruit from Walmart and make wine from that, I called it Tropical Breeze. If you do decided to go that route, head to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some paint straining bags, bout $5 for 2 and place the fruit in that.

Yes that is a good way as well. I use to get these bags of mixed tropical fruit from Walmart and make wine from that, I called it Tropical Breeze. If you do decided to go that route, head to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some paint straining bags, bout $5 for 2 and place the fruit in that.

Thanks for the paint straining bag tip. My wife buys the bags of frozen triple berry, which includes blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. I'm thinking of trying that blend for a wine.

brewmandan said:
Thanks for the paint straining bag tip. My wife buys the bags of frozen triple berry, which includes blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. I'm thinking of trying that blend for a wine.

I've made a wine with the frozen triple berry, I called it my "triple threat". It turned out great. Needless to say its all gone! I will be starting another batch soon.

Latest posts

Back