Progress finally!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csturben

Junior
Reaction score
I have finally made some progress turning my cellar into a real cellar complete with 8ft by 17ft kitchen. This hobby has definately turned into an obsession. The only downside is that I'll have to wait longer after I move all the wine to their new home.

image-400516038.jpg

Here's the cabinet still in progress. 8 ft long, 5 ft high and 2 ft deep. I think a rough calculation is 720 bottles the way it sits and 960 if I slot the far end. Yes, I know it's overkill but I figured I could take out the slot and show off some carboys during long term aging.

image-3416155723.jpg

Thanks Runningwolf. I still have a bunch to finish in the tasting area but I wanted to get the kitchen finished first. I'll definately post more pictures of the progress.

Very nice, I hope your not intending on putting full carboys in one of those slots though, I wouldnt push it that far.

Wade E - possibly but without the crossmember. I tested the top left cube with 300 pounds and it didn't budge so I hoping I'm good.

Vacuumpumpman - thanks. I was lucky enough to have a few boxes left over from various flooring jobs and the tables/shelf I already had.

Very nice job, CS. That floor screams out "I will not spill a drop!" I love your confidence. I am thinking ceramic tiles with rubber mats for mine so I can wet mop for clean up. I assume that is all pre-finished hardwood.

Thanks Rocky. Yes, it's 3" pre-finished hardwood. I know spills are bound to happen but cleaning is easy. I have a couple of rubber mats that will go down as well.

That looks awesome. Love the red paint on the crawl door back there, and the wood floor is mighty nice. Although I must agree w/ Vacuumpumpman, it makes me extremely jealous given the sorry little amount of space I have to work with. :m

Keep up the good work!

Great space. I love it. Anxious to see the finished product. :br

Nice wood floor in the wine room, what's next a hot tub, I kid, that really looks good, I like the storage rack and plan to make something similar.

Wow it is coming along nicely, I agree with everyone, I love the floor with the different types of wood!

Nice boy I would like to have some of those stainless tables.

Back