Post pictures of your wine workbench

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell ya Dan there's not much that beats me being in that chair with a good book, a glass of red wine, some old time country music softly playing in the background and the smell of fermentation in the air!

Dugger very nice room! BUT WHATS WITH THE CHAIR? You have got everyone beat out that I know of so far. WOW an easy chair in the wine room!:b

I think it's so he can start a batch and then sit in the chair and wait for it to finish. I hope it's a rocker.

Dugger: I see you even have a "back-up" stashed against the wall in case you wear the easy chair out. Does that folding chair have a red seat? If so, I have 4 exactly like it.

Last edited:
Yep, gotta have a nice comfy chaor in the room. Heres a pic of the chair I reside in while in there and it leans back reeeeeal nice. I like some classic rock while working with my wine though.
Picture002-1.jpg

I think it's so he can start a batch and then sit in the chair and wait for it to finish. I hope it's a rocker.

Dugger: I see you even have a "back-up" stashed against the wall in case you wear the easy chair out. Does that folding chair have a red seat? If so, I have 4 exactly like it.

I have 4 of the folding ones too, but, sorry, no red seat. Picked them up at a yard sale a couple of years ago.
I have a nicer rocker upstairs but I'm not allowed "exclusive use" to that one - a story behind that one - my wife and I were renting a place while house hunting a couple of years ago and one day I saw this rocker out at the curb on garbage day and I managed to load it in the trunk of the car. It was like new, so my wife figures some lady got mad at her husband and threw out his favorite chair, cause that's what she'd do!!
In the same area, we were out for a walk one day and I spied a front load washer at the curb; it looked practically new to me so I had to check it out - spoke to the lady of the house and she told me it made an awful noise and shook like crazy and didn't want to have anything more to do with it. I went and got the truck, took it back to our place, took it apart, replaced a $12 spring and had a perfectly good washer that we still use. I was reluctant to leave that neighborhood!

I read on one of the threads that someone had a bottling party is that what we need to do for you to help you out. Gald to hear your feeling better so are we going to an island get away to finish healing up

One more trip to the docs for a little (to him) procedure. Then we make plans for Puerto Rico. :b

A little bit of work on the wine room for my day off. Got all the cabinets and counter top (maple wood grain formica) for $100.00 at the local Restore. Money goes to habitat for humanity, so a good place to buy from. Now the work begins. Gotta put all my stuff in the cabinets.:tz
101_2427.jpg
101_2428.jpg
101_2429.jpg

Holy smokes nice wine room. Even wall paper LOL. Is there provisions for a laundy sink in there? A nice chest freezer for cold stabilizing, your thinking of it all. Where's the recliner?

Slid the recliner out so it did not look too red neck, for real.:se Sink is on the other side of the room. What I need is a stove so I can brew beer in the same room! Now that's an idea........ And the wall paper is grapes and flowers. had to keep her happy.

Last edited:
Redneck, you dont need a stove, just a keg with a hot water heater element in it. Heres a pic of mine. It has a 3500 watt. The last one is the total unit all together with 3 tiers so gravity does all the work. The top cooler is also electric with a water heater element in it to heat up sparge water and is all controlled by a digital Ranco thermostat. .

Keggle5.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

Sculpturedone.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, gotta have a nice comfy chaor in the room. Heres a pic of the chair I reside in while in there and it leans back reeeeeal nice. I like some classic rock while working with my wine though.
Picture002-1.jpg

Looks to me like you need to sit in that chair and turn that press handle. Press looks as if it hasn't been used..though I know better!:db

Here is my bench... it needs some modifications... IE: I need to swap the boards out that make the top with a single piece of plywood.

wine2.jpg

We got a rolling cart with some drawers now to place all the small stuff from the shelf in so its a lot neater now then what is pictured.

Very nice and I like the shelf for your pump. You may even want to consider some pegboard for hanging things up like hoses, spoons, etc.

Thank you, I've been thinking about Peg board but we are not ready for that yet. The shelf to the left of the bench is actually mounted right where a wall is going to be next month. Then we are going to drywall everything and go from there. There will also be a utility sink going in about where I was standing to take the picture.

Nice. Good setup and with a sink that will be great! You will need more shelves etc but you are getting there.

Even a bottle of refreshment on the shelf with the pump! :sm

not much but it's home for me...

20101206105018.jpg

most of the stuff on the left has been moved since i needed more space... but it's my little workshop/wine workbench

John nice set up and I like the barrel. I see it's portable being on wheels also. What is the switch in the front for. It looks like it has a coil on it for reading temps.

Its a temperature control for my brew belt. I know I went over board buying it, but now all I have to do is put in the temp that I want, and walk away without worrying if my brew belt is getting to warm for my wine

I read on one of the threads that someone had a bottling party is that what we need to do for you to help you out. Gald to hear your feeling better so are we going to an island get away to finish healing up

I have bottling parties. I need to have another. I've got a few cases of bottles to clean and about 40 gallons ready to bottle.
Anyway here is a picture of my wine making area. I need to build a fancy table like some of you guys did. My area is currently in the "Dining room area of our 600 sq. ft. apartment.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back