Post pictures of your Lab or testing area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went to OnlineScienceMall and bought my Lab stand, 50 ml burette with clamp and an extended arm jaw clamp to fit my ph meter for under $90 shipped.

Just went to OnlineScienceMall and bought my Lab stand, 50 ml burette with clamp and an extended arm jaw clamp to fit my ph meter for under $90 shipped.

Way to go Wade. You'll be real happy you got the clamp for your ph meter. The first one I got I did not like to well but THIS one works excellent for holding it.

Now the next thing to get is the magnetic stirer.

Your link works but isnt for the page. Actually I had switched off before ordering and instead of the jaw clamp I changed out for the better 4 prong clamp.
http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/30852/vpid/1787219/vpcsid/0

Did you remember to get the connecting piece for it to clamp on the the stand? It needs a clamp on both ends.

this is the one I got

clamp.jpg

Last edited:
I git the right angle clamp because mine is the extended arm type clamp. I probably didnt need that but wasnt sure if I needed it to keep it more adjustable so I had to buy this also. It will probably be a little more cumbersome then yours but like I said I never had science classes so never even used one of these set ups. I know how to use my ph meter and acid testing though.
http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/30852/vpid/9224846/vpcsid/0

Last edited:
OK, finally got my area all set up and put up some shelves today because all these containers of reagents and acids and everything filled my drawers to the point where 1/2 the time I couldnt open them!

Testing Area.jpg

Look at that shiny, new, bottle filler. No excuses now. It all looks very organized. Nice job. :br

Wade its a good thing you took a picture now. Wouldn't it be nice if the wine bench always looked that nice? Did you screw you bottler down? The Lab looks great. I like the chemical racks!

I didnt screw it down yet! Im probably going to move it over as im going to get more bottled and try not to let my area get that full again! Dan, My area almost always looks that nice, Im a very neat person, wish the rest of my family was!

No need to screw it down. Just put one or two spring clamps on it at the edge of the countertop. It doesn't take a lot to keep it from moving. If you don't clamp it though, when you tip the spout to put the bottle under, it will move. I have a feeling Wade might have access to one or two clamps.....................................

Believe it or not I dont have any of those, Can I hold it down with 8' pipe clamps? :)

I use a C clamp but Rich is right you really need to clamp it down. Your's looked well positioned and that's why I asked if you screwed it down.

I havent used it yet, once I use it Ill know better where I want it. Clamping it down will never work in my mind, just not the way I do things.

If you want to devote precious countertop space to a permanent fixture like this, then just screw it down. I use the clamp so I can put it away when done with the occasional use. I wouldn't want to screw through that nice counter either- I would not like the look of that. Four little holes in a nice counter would bug the heck out of me.

Again one of these pictures. This is all that is needed to hold it in place. Clamp it down, bottle the wine and put it all away leaving the counter clean and uncluttered. Believe it or not, mine is normally mostly clean of clutter when not in use.

Bottler.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you are saying Rich. I already defiled that counter top anyway with Starsan! That stuff eats right through the laminate at full strength so be aware of that!

Latest posts

Back