Post pictures of your Lab or testing area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, where is the best place to get some TA stands and Burettes? Im going big soon and going with the Hanna S02 tester.

Holy Cow! $150 to test TA! I like my $10 Kit

What size sample do you use on that if your flask is that big? You have to drain reagent in the burette when not in use right?

Holy Cow! $150 to test TA! I like my $10 Kit

What size sample do you use on that if your flask is that big? You have to drain reagent in the burette when not in use right?

Yes drain it from there and the bottle. If I was to do it again now knowing what I do I would have shopped around more like at Cynmor. I was xmas and wife was looking for one more thing and this was a complete kit. At the time I did not know anything about it, so its been a learning experience so that has made it worth while getting everything together. Plus I use my ph meter now for testing acid instead of color change.

Wow! All this stuff will take the fun out of home wine making, in addition to being very expensive, I havn't the slighest idea of what some of these things do! I think I'll stick to the hit & miss wine making method, seems to have worked so far & I won't have get a degree to understand what the other stuff does!! :s :s
Al

Yes Al, its so much better to be this.......

head-in-the-sand.jpg

Just finished my work area...hope this works first time posting a picture

010.jpg

All carboys are in the wine cellar at the other end of the basement, with Wades vacumn pump I can manage all of my racking and degassing 50 feet away, when it is time to bottle I just pull from that carboy over to the work station.

Here is the control valve in the cellar, this is hooked up vacumn pump that is in the work area

041.jpg

Wade, That was the first one you shipped and the vacumn meter jumped all over, you were kind enough to ship another at no charge and keep this one for parts.

Very nice setup Rob, wish I had that much room, I have to share space with the spare fridge, washer, dryer, laundry tub & cabinet with canned goods & extra food & paper goods.
Al

Yep, I share mine wth a spare fridge (mainly has kegged beer in it though! :)) our oil tank, and our furnace.

Latest posts

Back