Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downpour! ABQ, NM

13533101_1090401951031010_7423738378060197823_n.jpg

View attachment 29876
My wife bought me this for Valentine's Day in 2015. I opened it today on my birthday. Really good wine.

Happy Birthday!! Love that stuff. But you're robbing the cradle. :) Get another and let it sit for 3+ years. ;)

The Prisoner's original winemaker (Dave Phinney) is no longer there (they are still very good wines though). He's onto a new project: http://www.locationswine.com

Also good stuff. I've had France and Spain. Need to try some more.

This rattlesnake insisted on the right-away during this morning's hike. We agreed and gave it a wide birth after taking some pictures...

IMAG0169.jpg

This rattlesnake insisted on the right-away during this morning's hike. We agreed and gave it a wide birth after taking some pictures...

At least except for the one guy who wants to get just a little closer, a little closer..... :sh

Okay Bill, where was today's hike? All the trails in your area look the same, I love it up in your neck of the woods!

Upper Mill Run Trail. It is a little used trail that is about 5 files West of Wellsboro and perhaps 4 miles north of Route 6. Turned out to be a 6.7 mile hike according to two of the GPSs. In spite of three of the hikers carrying GPS we managed to loose the unmarked trail several times and had to do some bushwhacking.

I wish I could take credit for these but I just share these from a FB Page called NM Life. You can see the photographers watermark credit in the top of the photo. Just proud to call this place home for the last 30 years! :sm

LOL!! Never noticed the watermark just thought you were a badass photographer!

I think he is just a badass wine maker who I for one am glad calls this site "home". Mike, your images are always awe inspiring and I love sharing them with the people in here at work, even if you don't take all of them.

I live in one of the poorest States in the US. If it were not for State government and the two National Labs located here we would probably qualify as a third world country....... Tourism is one industry that we can always use more of. The movie industry found us years ago and that is growing nicely as long as you give them their tax credits at least...... LOL

Some of the biggest box office flops (Batman vs Superman) in the last few years were all filmed right here in NM! :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhXostcdC4[/ame]

Birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is my mulberry tree. It is loaded with mulberries but do you think I'm going to get any for winemaking! I don't think so, every feakin Robin within a 100 mile radius lives in that dam tree!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are eating them when they are only half ripe and th little baztards are dropping the unripe part into my pool!

MulberryTree.jpg

You need a big honking net of sorts to at least keep em out of part of them!

We have a couple of them in the neighborhood. MESSIEST damn tree I have ever seen. They are both out right by the sidewalks and were put there from bird droppings I am sure. The sidewalks are completely covered purple with them.

It is loaded with mulberries but do you think I'm going to get any for winemaking!

Latest posts

Back