Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent last weekend in Seattle visiting a longtime friend and shot a neat picture looking straight up the face of his office building. His suite is on the very top floor so I took one looking out over the city from there. How'd you like to have a view like that every day? Completely by coincidence my son's childhood friend and our next door neighbor just moved to the area a week before so I had the chance to visit and enjoy a bbq with him and his family too. He turned into a nice looking kid with a great wife and family. Good 3 day get away.
Mike

office.jpg

OfficeView.JPG

Russell copy.jpg

IMG_2205.JPG

Antwerp yesteday

IMG_2250.JPG

Every September the Ruby Throated humming birds make their way from North America to Mexico and Central America for the winter. On this trek, they stop off in a few little towns (one of them mine) on the South Texas Coast to refuel before the long flight over the Gulf of Mexico. They are just getting started and the turn out looks good this year. We have 7 feeders, but this is their favorite.
Here is a video link too. Hummers in flight I can't figure out how to embed that. :(

hummerstill9-8-14.png

Our hummingbirds left early August this year. I heard it's a sign of a bad winter. This is a pic of our daughters back yard this morning.Calgary, Alberta. It went from 27C on Monday to 9 inches of snow on Monday

pic.jpg

^ a reason I love living in southern ontario. We do end up with hard winters but not until after Christmas. The deer harvest tells me what the winter is going to be like. Last year in dec there fur coats where the thickest I have ever seen and the amount of fat they had stored was crazy.

Our hummingbirds left early August this year. I heard it's a sign of a bad winter. This is a pic of our daughters back yard this morning.Calgary, Alberta. It went from 27C on Monday to 9 inches of snow on Monday

No offense, but how in the world can one live in a place where it snows in early September?? Do you need to shovel snow joust so your kids can go trick or treating?

Mein Gott! I never suspected that was going to turn out to be a current picture! Arghhh:snw

Kim that's scary. If early migration is a sign of a bad winter, better brace of another one. The birds are about 2 weeks early this year. I'm wondering if they are still going to be here for the annual Rockport Hummer festival next weekend.

It is unusual even for Calgary. Their temps are to be back in the mid 20's by the weekend again. Beginning of Sept and they have road advisories out! Crazy!

kim was gonna like this post but since its not in December/January although a beautiful pic I don't like it
:) :) :) I know what you mean. We're driving there on Friday. Our daughter said to pack tank tops ,shorts and snow boots!

Don't see this every day in town!

WP_20140913_006.jpg

They moved part of a herd from Wheeler Peak near Taos, NM to Cochiti Canyon in the Jemez Mountains about a month ago trying to reintroduce Big Horn Sheep in the Jemez. Looks like this guy is trying to make his way back. He is about half way there. LOL Must have been a very cute Ewe that he left behind.

Last edited:
No offense, but how in the world can one live in a place where it snows in early September?? Do you need to shovel snow joust so your kids can go trick or treating?

From my experience you just make sure the costume is big enough to fit a snowsuit underneath :)

Thanks JohnT , don't forget to send me a surviver kit with your best wine .

How about this survey about the most livable cities in the world 2014 .
The survey rated cities out of 100 in the areas of healthcare, education, stability, culture and environment and infrastructure.

Most liveable cities:

Melbourne, Australia 97.5
Vienna, Austria 97.4
Vancouver, Canada 97.3
Toronto, Canada 97.2
Adelaide, Australia 96.6
Calgary, Canada 96.6
Sydney, Australia 96.1
Helsinki, Finland 96.0
Perth, Australia 95.9
Auckland, New Zealand 95.7

Toronto should not be on that list lol. I lived there for a summer and have no interest on going back.

Latest posts

Back