Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is one of those "how did that happen" photo's from the Lahaina fire in Maui. @Boatboy24 mentioned/ponderd it a week or two ago. This house was historic and recently remodeled but built from 100% wood. They had just installed a metal roof and removed all vegetation from around the perimeter of the house. They also rocked a 36" perimeter around the house. Not for fire protection but in hopes of keeping termites away from the house. Still amazing it was spared as the walls while recently painted were 100% wood.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 6.32.43 AM.png

You have heard of our (NM) famous Chile Relleno's right? Stuffed (Monterey jack cheese) green chile's then dipped in a batter and lightly fried to a golden perfection. They then get smothered in either a red or green chile sauce and usually more cheese on top for extra fun!

View attachment 104751

Nope, nobody ever heard of chili relleno. 🤣 At least, anybody who never walked into a Mexican restaurant.

Aren't these a couple of cute critters. I was working on my new young vines and came across a couple of caterpillars that I'd not seen before. Mr google says they're Sphinx Moth Caterpillars and harmless unless they're on very young plants. Similar the the horn worms on tomato plants and the best treatment is to pluck them off the crush them. these were abut 5/8" round and 3" long. DANG!
Alien2.jpgAlien1.jpg

Last edited:
Today's fun: Throttle position sensor replacement on the 2005 50th Anniversary Ford Thunderbird, with only 25,327 miles. It failed me as I pulled out into traffic, resulting in a 15 mph speed as I floored the pedal. Many horns and middle fingers got used! 🤣 Runs like a scalded dog now, though, which is good since we want to take off in it later this year. Got the new TPS off eBay for $18 plus tax, free ship.

For the mechanics here, if you suspect the TPS on a Ford and you eyeball it and it is triangular like this one, get rid of that bad boy. Bad supplier part. Replace with a rectangular one. I didn't even need a code, once I took the engine cover off and spied it.

IMG_3272.JPG

This is the antithesis of a Tesla. Uses Premium fuel only and gets 13 mpg highway. 🤣 So I am glad @geek is covering my carbon footprint!

IMG_20210101_134602715_HDR.jpg

Today's fun: Throttle position sensor replacement on the 2005 50th Anniversary Ford Thunderbird, with only 25,327 miles. It failed me as I pulled out into traffic, resulting in a 15 mph speed as I floored the pedal. Many horns and middle fingers got used! 🤣 Runs like a scalded dog now, though, which is good since we want to take off in it later this year. Got the new TPS off eBay for $18 plus tax, free ship.

For the mechanics here, if you suspect the TPS on a Ford and you eyeball it and it is triangular like this one, get rid of that bad boy. Bad supplier part. Replace with a rectangular one. I didn't even need a code, once I took the engine cover off and spied it.

View attachment 104794

This is the antithesis of a Tesla. Uses Premium fuel only and gets 13 mpg highway. 🤣 So I am glad @geek is covering my carbon footprint!

View attachment 104795

That's a beauty. I mean, the car. :cool:

That's a beauty. I mean, the car. :cool:

The car was my Dad's and he left it to me when he passed. That makes it very special, too.

But also...

Date Ordered: 8/2/2004
Date Built: 9/7/2004
At Dealer: 9/17/2004
Sold Date: 8/20/2005
Description: 2005 premium, Medium Steel Blue body and hardtop, partial steel blue interior accent, Select Shift Transmission, 7 spoke chrome wheels
Dealer Cost: $39,308.30
MSRP As Equipped: $42,560
One of 516 equipped this way

2005 was the last year of the T-Bird. There were 1,550 2005 Thunderbirds built before my 9/7/2004 build date, 55 T-Birds built the same day as mine, and there were 7,690 Thunderbirds built after the day mine was built, for a total of 9,295 of the 2005 Thunderbirds built.

The engine is a Jaguar AJ35 making 280 hp. The 3.9L was specific to the T-Bird and Ford built them in the USA but it has many parts in common with the Jag versions built overseas. The DEW98 frame is also a Jaguar-Ford developed product that was also under the Lincoln LS and Jaguar S-Type.

Yes, this is Jean Stapleton (Mrs. Archie Bunker) and Alice Cooper, at a charity gala called "A Shakespeare Cabaret" during a "Free Shakespeare" Festival at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on August 19, 1973. Atom Splitter PR, the music public relations firm that represents Alice Cooper, confirmed that the photo is real.

367740978_1562623777879548_1345041168881493745_n.jpg

Yes, this is Jean Stapleton (Mrs. Archie Bunker) and Alice Cooper, at a charity gala called "A Shakespeare Cabaret" during a "Free Shakespeare" Festival at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on August 19, 1973. Atom Splitter PR, the music public relations firm that represents Alice Cooper, confirmed that the photo is real.

View attachment 104826

Need to see her hands. I think she's signaling "please, help!". 😆

Back