Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing with the new toys. Golf course and range is closed for the Winter. Got an outdoor practice net and turf along with a Rapsodo MLM (Mobile Launch Monitor) which is basically a pocket Doppler radar unit that you attach your iPhone to and it will record your shot and tell you every thing you could ever want to know about it including a shot tracer if your at the range (no net). Pretty amazing unit for the $$$

View attachment 96797

Hmmm.... So you're using this thing? Does it yell "FORE!!!!" ??? 😄

We have these winter birds around here that we take care of in Wisconsin,
1672233407314.png
We feed them beer nuts, cheddar cheese and dark stout beer, so they get kind of large.
They create a real problem when they come over to the bird feeders.

1672233527041.png
They bend over the Shepard's hooks and the bird feeder falls off.

OR it's possible it could be one of these that came thru on Christmas afternoon.
1672233686742.png

Last edited:
Beside the two things that always happens -- death & taxes, in Wisconsin we have a third. One week after ice freezes, fishermen will be out there knowing the
the ICE is nice and thick, BUT it tends to float away with a little wind. And usually, they come to only rescue you, your equipment is left behind.

1672333980338.png

Beside the two things that always happens -- death & taxes, in Wisconsin we have a third. One week after ice freezes, fishermen will be out there knowing the
the ICE is nice and thick, BUT it tends to float away with a little wind. And usually, they come to only rescue you, your equipment is left behind.

View attachment 96879

They should charge 'em for it. Just my opinion.

FlatTire.jpg
Made our way home from So. Cal. with a planned overnight stop at Lake Havasu City. There's a stretch of about 150 miles across the high desert between Barstow CA and Needles CA with very few stops or services available. Sidewall/Tread separated during the last downhill section at about 80mph. Warning lights came on and I got to watch it count down to about 10lbs as I pulled off on the first Needles offramp that just happened to have a tire shop at the end of the ramp. The truck stayed straight the whole time, never really even pulled to the right, thank goodness for the TPI systems. 1-1/2 hours, $1,335.00 and 4 new goodyears later we were back on the road. Other than oil changes, filters, wiper blades etc it's the first money I've put into this truck since I bought it 4 years ago.

View attachment 96882
Made our way home from So. Cal. with a planned overnight stop at Lake Havasu City. There's a stretch of about 150 miles across the high desert between Barstow CA and Needles CA with very few stops or services available. Sidewall/Tread separated during the last downhill section at about 80mph. Warning lights came on and I got to watch it count down to about 10lbs as I pulled off on the first Needles offramp that just happened to have a tire shop at the end of the ramp. The truck stayed straight the whole time, never really even pulled to the right, thank goodness for the TPI systems. 1-1/2 hours, $1,335.00 and 4 new goodyears later we were back on the road. Other than oil changes, filters, wiper blades etc it's the first money I've put into this truck since I bought it 4 years ago.

Whoa! Glad you're OK, but $1,300 for tires!!!

I wish I understood cell-phone phtotography. Same sunrise, same settings. In real life, the first one was more interesting:
Cell phone cameras are amazingly convenient, and work equally amazingly well, but they lack the optics of a "real" camera. When I need really good pictures, I pull out our Canon EOS Digital Rebel. AFAIK, no cell phone can match the optics of even a low-end dedicated camera.

We purchased the original Canon EOS Rebel in January 1992, and it lasted 20 years before it died. We replaced it with the first digital Rebel, and although it's dated by today's standards, it takes fantastic pictures.

Latest posts

Back