Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened one camera today. 12/12/22, 3:43 a.m. behind my smaller farm shop in the side yard. If it had been daylight I could see him across the driveway from my kitchen window. I had begun to think they'd hunted out all but the spikes. He made a little scrape right next to where I mounted my trail cam. I'm retired, got nothing else to do – might as well go out and dump the other cam, too! 😄

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 2.04.41 PM.png

I guess he couldn't decide what color he wanted for the winter.

He'll be white all the time but he's not an albino. This is a house finch because his legs are yellow. If they were black he'd be a goldfinch. Finches are the only animals that don't shun white versions, Others do because the color calls attention to them. Fun!

He'll be white all the time but he's not an albino. This is a house finch because his legs are yellow. If they were black he'd be a goldfinch. Finches are the only animals that don't shun white versions, Others do because the color calls attention to them. Fun!
It could also be that a genetic abnormality caused the variation, and they wouldn't make good breeding partners. Strange how animals could sense such a thing..

It could also be that a genetic abnormality caused the variation, and they wouldn't make good breeding partners. Strange how animals could sense such a thing..

It is genetic in nature. Mainly animals shun white versions because they draw the eye of predators, from what I've read. That is not a good trait to have and I dunno how many of them even survive to breed. So happy I saw this one!

You don't have the wind down there (or didn't at that moment) we have up here in the STL Area. I don't have a fancy weather station like that, so have to rely on my phone. It says -4 Feels like -28 Wind Speed WNW 22 MPH. Either way, it's dang cold for MO and TN right now. We aren't used to this nonsense.

I don't care about the club. I'll be using a velcro covered ball though.
This is the 19th Hole at Payne's Valley GC in Lake of the Ozarks. Your supposed to play for fun after your round and see who pays for drinks in the bar. Design by Tiger Woods. Cost to play $350. Here is a shot from the tee box. 140 yard, par 3.

1671805618193.png

You don't have the wind down there (or didn't at that moment) we have up here in the STL Area. I don't have a fancy weather station like that, so have to rely on my phone. It says -4 Feels like -28 Wind Speed WNW 22 MPH. Either way, it's dang cold for MO and TN right now. We aren't used to this nonsense.

The wind passed through 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. last night. Winds today were 5-14 mph. It has been plenty cold for the south – colder than it has been in my area for 27 years. I can't ever recall such a rapid drop in temps, though. We dropped from 48 to 0 in 5 hours.

The wind passed through 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. last night. Winds today were 5-14 mph. It has been plenty cold for the south – colder than it has been in my area for 27 years. I can't ever recall such a rapid drop in temps, though. We dropped from 48 to 0 in 5 hours.
Fortunately the main brunt of this is either up towards Buffalo or West of us. Dropped from 33 in Mechanicsburg to 24 by the time I got home from work (normally takes 35 minutes and it's South of work). Currently 5 with a wicked wind (22 mph sustained, gusts to 40). I just got out the "contract" I signed to not be the dog owner in this house. Last time I took her out at 5 pm for a widdle, I almost froze my widdle off.

My Son in Alaska is laughing at us, it was -55*F the other day there. Looks like it warmed up to -10*F at the moment... I think all the cold air moved down into Canada and the Northcentral part of the U.S.

Latest posts

Back