Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the camera angle on the breakfasts thing. I am actually ~ 20 pounds heavier in that pic from 9 years ago. I was jogging every morning back then, though. Recently, I have gained back 9-10 pounds from all these breakfasts and lunches. Those are all over now, though, so the diet will resume and I won't be sitting around behind a computer 9 hours a day anymore.

You are correct that this is quite a change coming. I have worked since I was legally able to do so in my home state, at age 16. That's probably why I said yes when they offered to remotely bring me back P-T in Feb. or March. AND the money! :D

Now just starting to look for an appropriate 28- to 30-foot travel trailer... Gonna be picky, as we expect to spend considerable time living in it. But starting Friday, I'm going to work on getting my 1969 Fairlane finished and running,

View attachment 96372

View attachment 96373
Interesting motor mounts! 😁

Couple of crappy shots but I had to grab something quickly. It's not very often you see a leucistic house finch!

View attachment 96534

View attachment 96533
Isn't it funny. We have a few feeders and on occasion something rare shows up and it's the biggest event of the day. We had an Oriale stop in for a few days a couple years ago.

And 3 Great Greys were on the property for a few years. They would hoot back and forth to each other in the evenings. One would perch himself at the big tree at the beginning of the driveway. It's something special when they share their presence so rarely.

BTW, I used to be cool. I swear!

We've been bird-watching for 39 years. We buy black oil sunflower seed 300 pounds at a time. It comes with being aware of nature and of the reality-based world we actually live in. I also found today the carcass of a raccoon, in between two round bales of hay I moved. He apparently either got too curious and got stuck there, or got sick. His skull was nicely exposed, so I added it to my collection. I also keep game cameras out for wildlife on the place, just to see whose around. Now that it is cooler, I love to listen for barred owls around the place. And the sighting of a deer is always fun. I was sitting out on the porch of my farm shop last week at 5:30 a.m. in the semi-dark, and here comes three does, walking right past me not 15 yards away. I looked around them but not at them, and they just casually took their time moving through and browsing a bit. That kind of stuff is way cooler to me than staring at a 4-inch screen all day. I think if there was more of it the planet would be in better shape.

HUNT0001.JPG

The 386 KWH to charge the batteries is more than I use for my business, 2400 sq ft shop, and 2300 sq ft house, both combined!

I am a very conservative user. I used to be around 4 KWH a day for the house, but that's gone up a little with some luxuries. It's an interesting comparison.

Yes, consumption will depend on how much you drive for sure.

Latest posts

Back