Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selfie after breakfast with the director of The University of Alabama in Huntsville's Propulsion Research Center (think NASA and DOD), left, and a husband-wife alumni couple, all of whom I have covered in news releases while working for the university. The alumni husband recently returned to UAH from postdoctoral research work in California, and is now a newly-minted professor.

These thank-you breakfasts and lunches with alumni and researchers the past 2 weeks have been really special, but the pic also shows my expanding waist after all these meals the past couple weeks, lol. I was stuffed, and I've literally had to let my belt out. Time to get back on the hardcore diet soon.

There are TWO DAYS left on my countdown calendar now. Thursday is my last day, and a special bottle of wine awaits for that night! They have the job description they made me write up posted as a wanted ad now, lol...

20221208_092155.jpg

... Nine darker hair years go... SMH! 😄
Don't complain, most don't have much hair at our ages! You look like you weren't enjoying as many breakfasts either!

Two days left...I'm sure your excited, I'm also sure a part of you doesn't want to leave that particular job. Good luck with the next chapter!

Don't complain, most don't have much hair at our ages! You look like you weren't enjoying as many breakfasts either!

Two days left...I'm sure your excited, I'm also sure a part of you doesn't want to leave that particular job. Good luck with the next chapter!

It's the camera angle on the breakfasts thing. I am actually ~ 20 pounds heavier in that pic from 9 years ago. I was jogging every morning back then, though. Recently, I have gained back 9-10 pounds from all these breakfasts and lunches. Those are all over now, though, so the diet will resume and I won't be sitting around behind a computer 9 hours a day anymore.

You are correct that this is quite a change coming. I have worked since I was legally able to do so in my home state, at age 16. That's probably why I said yes when they offered to remotely bring me back P-T in Feb. or March. AND the money! :D

Now just starting to look for an appropriate 28- to 30-foot travel trailer... Gonna be picky, as we expect to spend considerable time living in it. But starting Friday, I'm going to work on getting my 1969 Fairlane finished and running,

fairlanebaywash 002_zpstnu9qax9.jpg

ENGINEINSTALL DAY 2 010_zpspbryx05x.jpg

Not that it was cold out last night but I had to bring these guys in for the first time for a thaw before the hummingbirds could have breakfast.
22 degrees this morning, not bad for some of you out there but cold enough to get our attention out here.

View attachment 96374

Glad they didn't crack or break. That front is atop us now and the backside is gonna bring some cool weather!

You still have hummers this time of year? Ours head further south by late September early October. We are a little higher in EL than you.

Not that it was cold out last night but I had to bring these guys in for the first time for a thaw before the hummingbirds could have breakfast.
22 degrees this morning, not bad for some of you out there but cold enough to get our attention out here.

View attachment 96374

You still have hummers this time of year? Ours head further south by late September early October. We are a little higher in EL than you.
Such interesting birds.

We get them this far north. I think the most we have had was 8-10 and that was a constant Star Wars battle at the feeders. They leave every year on August 28. Not around, precisely. Every year.

Back