Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you talking then? Wolf? The "shoe" fits. :)

View attachment 84464
Great graphic, thanks! Hocking County, where I live, has a population around 28,000. We have coyote, wolves, bobcats, black bear and the Straw Man, Ohio's version of Bigfoot. About an hour away there's the Mothman. And who knows what lives in the hollers. I've seen a lot of coyote, usually around July, and they don't appear particularly large. Yeah, I need a game cam.

I'm honored, but.... I am confused, too! What did I do now?
The term for the dragon/ lion/ octopus/ shark that were hanging in the air was ,,, line laundry.
The dragon was about 30 feet long, made in New Zealand, designed roughly when the “How to Train a Dragon movie came out and has a big brother which flys if there is more wind. The lion was about 20 feet long.

Last edited:
Took this at the barn over the weekend in the afternoon, wasn't there in the morning. I think it's a coyote....or one of those shape-shifting flesh eating aliens that you read about.

Here's the kicker - this morning I found a bunch more about 5 feet from my front door. Getting ballsy!

View attachment 84447

Or hungry.... May be a werewolf. Sure, go ahead, 'where wolf... there wolf".

Great graphic, thanks! Hocking County, where I live, has a population around 28,000. We have coyote, wolves, bobcats, black bear and the Straw Man, Ohio's version of Bigfoot. About an hour away there's the Mothman. And who knows what lives in the hollers. I've seen a lot of coyote, usually around July, and they don't appear particularly large. Yeah, I need a game cam.
I know what lives in those hollers,, my relatives, or hillbillies to most folks.

I know what lives in those hollers,, my relatives, or hillbillies to most folks.
We have all kind that's for sure. I've driven the dirt roads off the gravel roads and most people will wave even though they don't know me from Adam. Others will come out on their porch with a shotgun and a dog...or a goat.

You're welcome. My county is 540 square miles, pop of 34,000. I have two game cameras, though that wasn't my photo. They are addictive, and just like wine, you can get hooked on how much quality you get, how to position them, etc. I treat my cams like a hunter would treat a gun. I want to position myself for the best game to come by to shoot. So I am always devouring hunting articles about how to tell landscape features that funnel animals, tracking, etc. (The easy way is to bait. That is not a challenge for me.) I'm just warning you that you will get hooked. Buy the best cam you can afford right off, too. It saves a lot of money upgrading.

Screenshot of my trail cam video...

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.51.40 AM.png

Thinking about moving to the country?
Found this in my basement last year. I did laundry with a machete for the longest time.
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate snakes. (BAD childhood experience.)
I've identified at least 5 flavors in the yard and the buggers are all too damn friendly - they say "HI!" when they're 2 inches away. I instantly go airborne but so far have not screamed like a little girl. It's more of a manly scream. 😂
Pretty sure this is from a rat snake. No, I haven't seen evidence of mice for a couple years, and yes, I know they usually travel in pairs. Gee, that's comforting to know.

20190209_153849-Edit-2.jpg

I've identified at least 5 flavors in the yard and the buggers are all too damn friendly
We have a lot of snakes, mostly black snakes, although we have copperheads (only seen one in 3 decades here). I have no problem with them.

However, before I moved to NC, I was afraid of spiders so I fully understand your feelings towards snakes.

While I still think the best spider is the flat one, I got used to them. In this part of NC, they're all over the place, so I didn't have a lot of choice. I'm at the point where I can go into our crawl space, knowing black widows might be in there. [this took a decade.] In the house itself? Vacuum cleaners work well!

1644676274353.png

Just before 7am, these 2 foxes were heading in the opposite direction, about 400 yards off shore and heading to the east shore. Must of got spooked and headed back to the west shore. It's about 4 miles from shore to shore. About 3 degrees out there, but they still look warm out there.

Latest posts

Back