Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t hunt them ,but my neighbor gave us a breast this year, I put it in the sous vide for 8 hours and it turned out very tender and flavorful.
I don't hunt them either, but I just opened hunting up for the first time this spring for my nephew. They have become plentiful, so taking a few is ok.

I heard that! Was out feeding the cattle hay at 6 this morning in 29-degree cold and mud after all the rain yesterday. Not too bad when it all works out. Which it didn't. Had to take off the gloves to get the string off the round bale. Then one slipped into the barnyard when I wasn't looking. Had to get down off the tractor into the muck and shoo her out. Went to put the tractor in the barn and the bull came right through the door after me. Had to shoo him out ––– gently, mind ya, he's 2,000 pounds of black Angus. I barely had what it took to clip the gate chains back and get the barn door closed, cuz my dadgum pinkies was FROZEN!
@jswordy I enjoy hearing about these experiences--reminds me of my 4-H cattle showing days. This time of year growing up, cattle-wise at least, was particularly brutal. The County Fair held a "Rate of Gain" contest where you would take your new calves to the County Fair Center and have them weighed--final weigh-in at Fair time. It was always freezing and of course the calves were wild (but at least small--unlike your bull:oops:.

Gee, 29 degrees. Let you go down south and you forget what cold really is. Hope it warms up for ya soon and take care of those critters. No fun when the conditions get miserable. Take care, Arne.

For you Yankees who haven't lived down here, it is a very different kind of cold. It's not the dry cold you get up North, it's moist. That makes a world of difference, and I've lived both places. Age doesn't help. Anyway, we're in the 30s at night this week and 50s-60s daytimes.

For you Yankees who haven't lived down here, it is a very different kind of cold. It's not the dry cold you get up North, it's moist. That makes a world of difference, and I've lived both places. Age doesn't help. Anyway, we're in the 30s at night this week and 50s-60s daytimes.
Oh I know that cold. Worked on the waterfront for years in Virginia, and that damp cold cuts to the bone. I'd rather it be 22 and a dry cold any day.

WHY I WATCH EUROPEAN TV SHOWS INSTEAD OF U.S. SHOWS

Well yeah, European shows overall have better plots, better dialog, incredibly better cinematography, fresh locations. True. But seeing Danish actor Birgitte Hjort Sorensen helps. :D

1452713780-birgitte-wwl-1.jpg

Oh I know that cold. Worked on the waterfront for years in Virginia, and that damp cold cuts to the bone. I'd rather it be 22 and a dry cold any day.

Exactly! Where did you work in Va.? Lived in Williamsburg and had a friend who was on the boats out of Gloucester. Man, he would come home with a burlap bag full of scallops and open them right up into the butter in the fry pan. Touch one side to the pan, then the other, and man, it was like eating candy! Can't get them fresher than that.

Moved to TN and found ourselves saying to fish market managers, "Yes, yes... but it isn't really fresh if it smells fishy." 🤣

"Eat fish, live longer. Eat oysters, love longer" was a popular watermen's bumper sticker in those days.

Last edited:
Lol. Lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of years when I was in the Navy. That cold started down there if it hit 65 degrees. You would be suprised how heavy coats were hidden in the closets down there. Felt pretty good to us, but those folks were freezing. Arne.

Lol. Lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of years when I was in the Navy. That cold started down there if it hit 65 degrees. You would be suprised how heavy coats were hidden in the closets down there. Felt pretty good to us, but those folks were freezing. Arne.

Shoulda seen my coworker yesterday. She was dressed in a full down coat, stocking cap (a "toboggan" down heah), thick gloves and knee boots on her way outside. It was 52 degrees. 🤣

Had a co-worker in Upstate NY, he was from GA. His nickname was "Snowman", as when the temp hit 40 F he started wearing a parka.

A few years later we moved to central NC, and the script was flipped -- our first summer here was supposedly the hottest summer in 40 years. There is an advantage in moving north -- you can keep adding layers of clothing. Moving south? There is a limit to the clothing that can be removed before you get arrested. ;)

It took a few years, but we adapted. Drink lots of water and accept that you're gonna sweat. After nearly 3 decades my threshold for heat is still not ideal for the climate, but I comfortably wear a t-shirt while others have put on light jackets.

Had a co-worker in Upstate NY, he was from GA. His nickname was "Snowman", as when the temp hit 40 F he started wearing a parka.

A few years later we moved to central NC, and the script was flipped -- our first summer here was supposedly the hottest summer in 40 years. There is an advantage in moving north -- you can keep adding layers of clothing. Moving south? There is a limit to the clothing that can be removed before you get arrested. ;)

It took a few years, but we adapted. Drink lots of water and accept that you're gonna sweat. After nearly 3 decades my threshold for heat is still not ideal for the climate, but I comfortably wear a t-shirt while others have put on light jackets.

Ha, I was grilling in shorts on Sunday. It was 63. That's a heat wave to me! I remember up North, we'd be stripping off coats down to our shirtsleeves when it hit 45. :)

Heck, if it gets up to 40 here, I'll be the the mood for shorts and a tee shirt!

Well not wine related but this is what I do when I’m boredView attachment 84293
i have three kids so they each get one, it’s two inch thick red oak slabs, still need to add inlaid bow ties and varnish
Beautiful work! Woodworking was my first hobby, mainly boxes and furniture. I only started working with slabs in the last few years though. I like to leave some of the saw marks and dips etc. It adds to the straight-from-the-tree character.

I must take issue with your shop though… needs more sawdust and finish spills on the floor! 😂

Back