Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-6 F here in Minnesnowta right now, heading for a high of +7. We will warm up a bit the next couple of days but Saturday, the HIGH is supposed to be -8.

That's just a perfect temperature to sit outside at some stadium and watch a hockey game (Minnesota Wild Vs St. Louis Blues). I considered trying to get tickets for it, but then remembered how cold it can be that far North on Jan. 1. I will be watching from the comfort of my couch.

My friend says there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing choices. Just have to layer up to enjoy the game!

In January 2019 I attended a charity event outside on a lake - it was 0 but sunshiney and since we were all bundled up (and maybe slightly liquored up), it was surprisingly nice out.

That's just a perfect temperature to sit outside at some stadium and watch a hockey game (Minnesota Wild Vs St. Louis Blues). I considered trying to get tickets for it, but then remembered how cold it can be that far North on Jan. 1. I will be watching from the comfort of my couch.
By the way, you know the Wild plays indoors, right? :)

Normally the Wild plays indoors, but on Jan. 1 there is always an outdoor game played (The Winter Classic). This year Blues vs Wild at Target Field outdoors.
Heh, I did not know that. Target Field is a beautiful ballpark - I will have to pay attention to that hockey game to see how they set it up for hockey.

I'm not sure how you can stand warm all year round.....
I grew up in Upstate NY and went to college on the NY/Canadian border. Believe me -- moving south is REALLY easy to get used to. You get used to sweating buckets in the summer (drink lots of water, you need it!) -- it's a good trade-off from not having a winter (well, not winter as northerners consider it).

Getting used to tornadoes and hurricanes takes a bit more, but those are not every day occurrences ..... ;)

I grew up in Upstate NY and went to college on the NY/Canadian border. Believe me -- moving south is REALLY easy to get used to. You get used to sweating buckets in the summer (drink lots of water, you need it!) -- it's a good trade-off from not having a winter (well, not winter as northerners consider it).

Getting used to tornadoes and hurricanes takes a bit more, but those are not every day occurrences ..... ;)
The sweating buckets part is what I wouldn't like. Minnesota has its share of mugginess in the summer (and tornadoes, too, for that matter), but I agree with Sage - I love the fact that the seasons change.

The sweating buckets part is what I wouldn't like. Minnesota has its share of mugginess in the summer (and tornadoes, too, for that matter), but I agree with Sage - I love the fact that the seasons change.
We have 3 seasons. Summer is obvious, when humidity passes 200%.

Back