Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the beauty of a pitched metal roof. It comes off on its own.
My dad put a metal roof on our house when I was a kid -- the original roof was cedar shingles. If any part of the metal was showing, even weak sunlight heated it up and the roof cleared off quickly.

Just make sure you're not standing under it when it does.
Also when I was a kid, we had a 3'+ snow drop. When the snow came off the roof, it sounded like thunder (up close) and the piles of snow were taller than I was.

A number of years ago, I put a clay tile roof on my house. Nothing dramatic happened for a coupla years, but then we had conditions such that snow would slide off suddenly. I was forced to belatedly add snowguards to keep the snow on the roof and melt in a gentlemanly fashion! :)

Gutters are down lower and the steel roofing has a 2" overhang. A pain to clean. Some damage in one area on the high end. Nothing major but I do fix when cleaning.

Side note.... However, my satellite dish bit it last night. I hadn't gotten to the back of the garage where the dish is. It's hanging straight down right now.

Last edited:
Back