Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My clearing batch of Mojito wine...

20200608_124124-jpg.62169

Attachments

• 20200608_124124.jpg
    20200608_124124.jpg
    999 KB · Views: 255
This is the tractor I learned to drive when I was 8 years old. I’m probably 58 years in this pic. Both of us still going strong. I’m 61 now.
View attachment 62210
Your looking good for 61, you must be changing your oil and putting in new spark plugs every year.:pic

I like the carboy in a tub. Will someday save you from a bunch of cleanup grief if it hasn't already. Lookin good. Arne.

I started doing that after having a carboy break with 6 gallons of wine in it and spending 2 hours mopping it up off the floor! I didn't know whether to cry or grab a straw. I rack under pressure and there must have been just enough of a fault in the glass to make it crack. Within a week of beginning to use the tubs, I lost ANOTHER carboy but at least this time the mess was contained.

Our friends are on their way home after a whirling dervish 2-1/2 days of playing hosts. Last night was a more Sangrias, a great grilled steak dinner - complete by 6:15 as requested - then back up to Sedona to catch a sunset from Red Rock State Park (which was closed). We did end up at Crescent Moon Picnic area in time to find a spot to catch the last light on Cathedral Rock around 8:00 before heading back for a couple more drinks on the patio before calling it a night. Before driving back to Calif this morning they (while we slept in a bit) headed once again, at 4:15am, to Sedona to watch the sunrise from Airport Mesa. I'll have to try that in fall when the sun comes up much later.

CathedralRockSunset.jpg
Cathedral Rock Last night.

Wow.. my pizza oven gets to around 900 degrees and pizzas are done in just about a minute. 15 seconds per turn it is!
Mine might have been that hot, I ran the steel in the oven at 450 for 45 minutes and had put an extra mesquite log on the lump charcoal fire, then had to wait until my daughter and her friend chit chatted until they finally gave me something I could cook. I knew that steel got hot, but wow. Next time no preheating the steel. The side temp gauge was pegged at 700, so I have no clue how high it got. Two hours later and it is still 350 with the steel removed and pretty windy here.

This is what happens when a really good dough hits a screaming hot pizza steel. Only one minute per quarter turn, maybe 15 seconds next time?

The top of the crust was excellent, LOL.

View attachment 62247

You're scaring me. A couple firsts for me tomorrow: 1) first time using 00 Caputo flour, and 2) first multi-day ferment for pizza dough. I hope my Kettle Pizza treats me better than yours treated you. :)

You're scaring me. A couple firsts for me tomorrow: 1) first time using 00 Caputo flour, and 2) first multi-day ferment for pizza dough. I hope my Kettle Pizza treats me better than yours treated you. :)
The first one turned out great! That picture was the second one that I got the steel too hot, conducts heat just a little too well. I love the Caputo flour and the multi-day ferment makes it a joy to work with.

Latest posts

Back