Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my wine making room. It’s in my woodworking shop so I’m always battling dust. The exterior walls are double stud and the inside walls are just single stud and the ceiling is r60. The slab is insulated on the perimeter so the bulk of the slab stays cool all year. I do have a small a/c unit just in case to keep the temp in the mid sixties.

Attachments

• 00AC5C55-04F3-443A-8AB7-0605B4DC9A0F.jpeg
    00AC5C55-04F3-443A-8AB7-0605B4DC9A0F.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 49
  • F235789E-0E60-4CDC-AAA5-2264786BA0CB.jpeg
    F235789E-0E60-4CDC-AAA5-2264786BA0CB.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 176FB638-9B14-403A-B1FF-B4E8AA4D4161.jpeg
    176FB638-9B14-403A-B1FF-B4E8AA4D4161.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 8EA7E7CD-AC01-4249-9AE4-60BEDC7B61F9.jpeg
    8EA7E7CD-AC01-4249-9AE4-60BEDC7B61F9.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 46
Shout out to @AkTom for the double poppy seeds he sent me a while back. I sewed these last year but too late I guess in the Spring (never sprouted) but they must have sat in the soil and this Spring they popped up on schedule. This one is starting to look like a 3 headed alien of sorts!

IMG_5525.JPGfullsizeoutput_4009.jpeg.

Last edited:
Here's an odd one.. my grill is hotter now that it's on Natural Gas and on Sunday I used the rotisserie to grill a chicken. Ran just the left burner on High with the chicken on the right so the grill stayed about 340 for about 3 hours. I guess that was enough to heat the rod enough for the heat to transfer to the core of the knob and soften it enough to fall off and melt part of it. Now I need to come up with a custom end for the the rod, maybe something like a pool ball?
RotissrieRodEnd.jpeg

Here's an odd one.. my grill is hotter now that it's on Natural Gas and on Sunday I used the rotisserie to grill a chicken. Ran just the left burner on High with the chicken on the right so the grill stayed about 340 for about 3 hours. I guess that was enough to heat the rod enough for the heat to transfer to the core of the knob and soften it enough to fall off and melt part of it. Now I need to come up with a custom end for the the rod, maybe something like a pool ball?
View attachment 62763

How about a shift knob?

You could have the fastest grill in town!

555-61524.jpg

View attachment 62763

Got to have a smaller orifice for natural gas.

Really it's just the opposite, a larger orifice is usually specified for natural gas. It's also best to check delivery pressure, propane for a grill is often regulated at 10" water column; at my home the natural gas is regulated at 7" water column. In my case, I had to drill out the orifice to get enough natural gas flow.

Oh, and do you perhaps need (or want) to adjust your gas orifices, in light of switching fuels and altitude?

Did that right from the beginning and my dimensions are with in a couple of .001's of specs. I think it's just an issue of running the closest burner all the way up for so long. Either way will have to watch in the future. Thanks for the shifter knob idea, I really like that one.

A friend was noticing some missing fish from his pond. Here's a couple of screen shots from a video he sent me that explains it all.

View attachment 62777

View attachment 62778

We went to a nearby photog's farm to do some 'distanced' pictures on Mother's Day. She has a nice Koi pond out there, but told us she had to empty it due to a hungry Heron that kept showing up. She said she put a fake floating alligator in there that kept the Heron away for a while, but he eventually figured it out. She also mentioned that she had an issue at one time with hawks flying into her chicken coop and taking whatever they wanted.

@ibglowin He indicated it was a Heron, and has tried all the classic deterrents. Alligator with glowing eyes. Sprinkler activation. Decoy Heron. They have even drapped a net over the entire pond, to no avail. They decided to instal a remote Ring to learn when and how the heron enters. What is interesting to me is the bird works thruought the entire nighttime. Events are at midnite thru sunrise.

Dude has to eat I guess! Are they (Heron) protected? LOL I would install an electric shock netting over it!

@ibglowin He indicated it was a Heron, and has tried all the classic deterrents. Alligator with glowing eyes. Sprinkler activation. Decoy Heron. They have even drapped a net over the entire pond, to no avail. They decided to instal a remote Ring to learn when and how the heron enters. What is interesting to me is the bird works thruought the entire nighttime. Events are at midnite thru sunrise.

Dude has to eat I guess! Are they (Heron) protected? LOL I would install an electric shock netting over it!
I was going to say a pellet gun would take care of that. They are pretty secretive though. And I think they are protected in PA, not sure elsewhere. We have a bunch of them here at the Lake, people who have ponds drape bird netting over the pond, though they will still spear fish if the netting is too close to the water.

Just found this, it's from the internet so it has to be right, right? LOL.

As a migratory species, great blue herons are protected by the United States Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

View attachment 62763
If the temp was indeed 340°, that shouldn't have melted any part of the grill. I often have my propane grill running at 600° with no damage. Although I can't say I've ever has it at that temp for 3 hours.

Latest posts

Back