Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parade day! Prior plans to attend were crumbling but made the decision to just go and hope for the best. My old man called me and literally did the exact same thing. We Me met up and then found some friends of friends and had one amazing day. They estimated between 2 and 3 million people.

It was good to spend that with your Dad. You'll look back on it one day with fondness.

OK, Where is that quadruple "UNLIKE" button?????
Paul that zinger was exceptional.
But John your only lying to yourself dude. I know your happy for Philly and it’s ok to let those feelings surface. It really is.
But I need to niggle your word choice ‘@sour_grapes style’. To ‘UN-like’ my parade pics would mean that you initially “liked’ them-which I know is true deep down. And currently the ‘DIS-like’ button doesn’t exist because you and all the other curmudgeons would abuse it. :)

It was good to spend that with your Dad. You'll look back on it one day with fondness.

No need for time to pass. In spite of having separate plans we ended partners in crime all day—It was unspoken yet understood how special it was. Original plan was my pop and all my brothers to be together. #1 couldn’t get off work and stayed in Bethlehem. #3 was on call as an anesthetism nurse. #4 was over 50 blocks away at the art museum. (I’m #2) All 5 of us woulda been great but still thankful how it played out.

Last edited:
455DC565-FB4F-42C8-AB3C-30251B12D44A.jpeg 707C4BAF-9737-4647-95FB-7C2911A65620.jpeg 4089D07B-38C8-479E-B211-6D1535805861.jpeg
Now that we have seen the street/pole we want to see the Villa!
After an incredible day of “tasting” and wine pairing lunch at Del Dottolo, followed by a few samples at V Win Bar, here are your “Villa” photos, wifey preparing for dinner at The Farm at Carneros Inn.

Interesting opportunity was presented to us during our barrel tasting in the wine cave, tasting 2015 and 2016 Del Dottolo Reserve Cab, fermented and settled in one tank, but aged in different barrels. All incredible wines, barrels were Allain Fouquet barrels, one Margaux, one American , one St. Emilion, each vintage, all were M+ toast. The difference was discernible and dramatic when sampled side by side for both vintages, and though they were incredible, the MGX barrels produced the best wines, longer finish, and more complex, as determined by us, though they were all insanely wonderful, YMMV.

Del Dottolo wines have a very distinctive taste, which we inquired about. Our tasting guide described the path they’d been down over the years with yeast selection, natural, DV10, D254, and some others I’d never heard of. Their winemaker had settled on D254, to which he attributed their distinctive taste, and is still used today. Found that pretty intriguing.........

Speaking of photos: I just posted a bit of last night's dinner in the "What's for dinner" thread. Then I looked at my photo album, and realize that the ONLY picture I have taken this year that was NOT a picture of food was one photo on Jan. 1! Have I become a little food-centric?

Yet again our morning "puppy hike" found Sadie and I in PA Game Lands #37. Took a picture of Crooked Creek [I'm beginning to understand how this creek got its name] and a bloody spot on the ground where some small critter, I'm guessing a rabbit, recently lost its life...

IMAG1465[1].jpg IMAG1467[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mean Ruby Jean lives again! I got the last of the transmission installation done today after parts delays and she passed the extended test drive with flying colors! 337,389 on her and she now has a virtually new front suspension and CV axles, as well. I can no longer say now that the engine and transmission have never been opened. For those who recall my transmission and Jameson shot from my trip to northern Tennessee to get it, I am now partaking of the second purchase in celebration. Long may she run!

rubyjeanlves.jpg

She looks like a real clean machine Jim. Admire that you've taken such good care of her.

27750076_10216487022394929_6014630914654911028_n.jpg

She looks like a real clean machine Jim. Admire that you've taken such good care of her.

She's really showing her age, but at 25 years and 337,890, she should. Upholstery is still nice. Long may she run!

Beautiful looking meal, Jim. Tell me more about that marinade. Or is it just whiskey? LOL!

Latest posts

Back