Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that cabin is awesome.

Yep, a very nice place. Had Net, DirecTV on big screens (we used neither), HVAC, wood stove, all the usual stuff. Cool thing about these cabins is they are modular. Hauled in there on a truck (and it is amazing a semi got in there!), set on the ready foundation with a TracHoe. All the cabinets, sink, bath fixtures, etc. are already installed when it arrives. Takes 'em two days to site-build one this way.

The owners have really done a great job. They bought raw land and then added infrastructure like roads, gas lines, electricity, etc. and built one cabin every 2 or 2 1/2 years. They now have 8, I think. The cabins are all well situated. The one we stayed in was their former home until they moved to their 4,200 SF cabin atop the mountain. There are hiking trails, etc., and it is close to three national forests. Fun!

Here is their newest one, just downstream of where we stayed, almost set to first be rented on Thanksgiving.

Bottled a case of my DB on Friday (and racked the rest to a smaller demijohn). Tasted it last night and its still gassy. Degassed the hell out of it tonight and let it sit until the bubbles go down. I'll degas a bit more tomorrow morning and I'll hopefully get to bottle some before my flight to the states tomorrow night. Want to bring some to my family to try
ImageUploadedByWine Making1475964764.585321.jpg

My niece sent this to me. It is a little too high-tech for my tastes...

The wine "Label" is shown on the screen and this thing automatically adds what you pour (for yourself) to your tab.

For all of you waiters/bartenders out there.. You can be replaced, so be nice to your customers!

IMG_0772.jpg

Guess the wind is dying down tonight. I live in a location that tends to get colder than most around us (depressed bowl type terrain), so we are expecting a heavy frost and possibly a freeze tonight. So picked out the yellow wax bean plants, was surprise how many I got off, wasn't expecting them to ripen the whole way, planted them more to till in after they froze. I think I got enough for three or four meals. Had some the other night and they were quite tasty. The added bonus is that the kids like them too.

10-10-16_yellow-wax-beans.jpg

The wine "Label" is shown on the screen and this thing automatically adds what you pour (for yourself) to your tab.

For all of you waiters/bartenders out there.. You can be replaced, so be nice to your customers!

So what do you do when you wanna say, "Yeah buddy, she left me... I can't believe it!!!" Do you just text that in using your cell phone?

:)

No, you just Skype the "bend an ear" center from one of the screens provided.. :)

Apparently you agree with me that the world has gone 'round the bend on the "Yer on yer own" tangent. Nice to "talk" to you, John!

Apparently you agree with me that the world has gone 'round the bend on the "Yer on yer own" tangent. Nice to "talk" to you, John!

Yeah... but we are pretty damn close to computers that have passed the Turing test so you will have no idea whether the body you are having a conversation with is a machine or another human being... :rdo

When I was in Calgary , there was a liquor store I went in that had something similar. You put money on this card they have and you go to each of the wines,place your card in and it pours a sample for you.Each sample was $1. They even did it with some of their hard liquors.

Latest posts

Back