Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the weekend, we went to the Culpepper annex of the Smithsonian Air aand Space museum.

A really cool museum! Not only do they have the Enola Gay, but also an SR71 blackbird. The most impressive exhibit, however, was the Space Shuttle Discovery (which I saw launch in 2007 (STS 120).

Seeing the shuttle gave me mixed emotions. It cost 1.7 billion dollars to build, was fully functional, and there is no replacement to continue the American manned space program (at least not built anyway). I found it slightly depressing to see it in a museum.

It was cool, however to get up close to the shuttle, a lot closer that I could ever get while the ship was in use. They did not "clean" the shuttle as they would after each mission, so you could see the scorching that happened during reentry.

Here are a couple of pics...

You need to come here: http://rocketcenter.com/b/?utm_expi...Wy-D_w.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

I can see a Saturn rocket from my building. Cool thing to eat a banquet dinner under this...

Cmon down!

I always wanted to see rocket city! I have been to the Kennedy Space center and also the Johnson Space centers. At Kennedy, they built a Saturn 5 pavilion where you can walk under one of the left over Saturn 5s. What an impressive piece of engineering, even by today's standards!

Yeah, we got a shuttle, Saturn, other rockets, SR-71, Space Station module, space amusement rides, Space Camp program for kids, etc. etc....

Here's a pretty cool shot we did for a UAH magazine of a guy who used to work for NASA and is now an eminent scholar at UAH. This was taken on the second floor balcony of a building across campus from the rocket location, so it turned out really neat, I thought.

Sunset at the Tipis.

13315754_1723513657919824_2092574337508948922_n.jpg

ok, consider it added to my bucket list. i also hear that there is a really nice wine culture down there. when i do go, perhaps we could meet up?

Sure but I don't know about the wine culture. There is a very nice craft beer culture.

Ever wonder how much of an ingredient it takes to make one bottle of wine? My rhubarb wine has about 1 pound of rhubarb in every bottle. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I don't know what it is, but that is just a great picture of your product. The colors and everything work really well.

@GreginND: you should find a way to blow some sulfite fumes into that bottle, then cork it and display in the winery.

This is an animated gif I found on Google Plus. I thought given the subject matter, it was appropriate. :h

Golf%2BChampagne%2BCropped.gif

There is no way that is real. Note how the champagne bottle does not move at all when the ball strikes it....

You would have to be a nut job to hold that. People can be accurate with a golf ball, but not like that. The odds are just as good they hit your hand as they hit the cork top.

Ever wonder how much of an ingredient it takes to make one bottle of wine? My rhubarb wine has about 1 pound of rhubarb in every bottle. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I really like that picture..!!

Latest posts

Back