Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey Bee invasion

I noticed a few honey bees entering behind the chimney about 4 weeks ago and now we have a local bee keeper trying to coax them out. Smoking them out did not work so he setup a one way wire cone and a new home for them. He just emptied this box last night and put back up to catch the rest. Of course it had to be near the top of the second story window. Too bad there is not enough honey to get any. The hive is too young and stressed from the extraction.

Bees resized.jpg

Good luck with getting rid of those critters.

Looks like rather old construction. About how old is that structure?

Well, it says any photo. This is one of my other passions. Been testing a new rifle. Second photo is a group at 500 meters.
FBAD457C-F60F-4A1D-89EF-C500DE6FCB64_zpsms2ucnin.jpg

8979EA0F-215F-47A5-9F11-8544541FF97C_zpspahvprhe.jpg

The Connecticut Star Party is coming soon. (though I don't think it's happening in Connecticut this year!)

So that got me to look back at my pictures. Figured I would share one.

This one is a morning shot from the 2014 Connecticut Star Party. (I didn't make it to the 2015 party)

8vx-bNpPO9jbbHHMQ5YYpUNonNHRVgk9SuvaVHGmVCKrHL8K7EWUmc3mDvA4797Fz1FrI2FXi9Zr_2QhSy4xXhmoDQCKGFqSGZ23jmRJSrp65jrY8WNqLe34d1S3PEoG_dpsJQlXsh-LoUEf2HEdzrky1uCc7jAyU6c4oikrYjYetFSOrndrmPwmYdD1eZeibMuEKQjb8Bb_ngXboy2DJfhmUHUeX6MRNTj2KLNzpIPkp7d5A_wkgD8j4OQeTK-KVmWM-WZFXk1FS5No0-dwTxjLS_loJ5F_g3cplAhqZBAcOJD5SC1QrrQqFwx5GGy2mjlNoab_NvwThWF6nzgwG_vMxMuYpf5lbtvzXVJ33BmDotuseNHTonbx_dsFg6hONadK5toCdQiPOPvgbuhT5R3KpBXCi7xhZZvC_Da_o_UduL1ro1mKfSPKYolsbytJJHMvsmyGq45MSjTwrhTegsUQph0w-14FcIW6KiMc30BRDMlecpMOKUMHEs43YHAvb_gdThDGP5fdeSb4gGI1R-uKCYUbo5mFzH0yj4xPx0WOX946ukCL9y0cPW8OcbOEeCMRzZpRbldLYpJd_xXNDuvyhMHS0YbI=w1421-h799-no

The Uni (where I work) did up a float for 2016 PRIDE. Looks great! Seems like there was a fantastic turnout as well.

Unfortunately, I had a bridal shower to attend, so we weren't able to check it out as a family.

CkMwZqSUkAAOP6H.jpg large.jpg

Finally got back into hiking since moving to PA last July. Here are two vista shots taken with my cell phone (I need to bring my camera next time).

1. Last Tuesday. From the Mid State Trail near Elkhorn Run...

2. Last Saturday. Taken above Blackwell at Gillespie Point...

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Came down with West Nile (about 3 in 10 people mount a defense to it when the skeeter bites ya, the rest get off with no illness - it's just part of living in the South; yes, I do use OFF Deep Woods every trip out the door, and this one got me just above the ear in the hairline, and I ain't putting no OFF in my hair.) Ran a 101.5 Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Took Monday off work.

Anyway, I was heading to the bedroom yesterday afternoon for more nap time when I saw and snapped this dude through the window.

Posted it to Facebook and one of my friends commented: "So... the squirrel has an addiction?"

:)

That made me feel a lot better for a bit! Back at work now but it will be a week yet before all the muscle aches and blah feeling go away.

Latest posts

Back