Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, aug. 26, chula vista, tickets, hotel, wine ready to roll. I think it'll be our 6th time at that venue. :r

Chula Vista you say? :h

I lived in Imperial Beach for a short time in the early 80s and used to walk to the Chula Vista Boys Club. :h

My Great great Grandfather was a woodworker hobbyist and left behind a few pretty nice pieces which are now sprinkled throughout the family. My two brothers and I ended up with a table each and I recently received a mirror which I've coveted since I was young. All are signed and dated and the mirror was made in 1902 and the table in 1930. I just think they are beautiful and they make me smile every time I walk in or out the front door. The style doesn't match anything else we have but our re-decorating is going so eclectic that I think it works just fine. Hopefully the group Pic of details shows up, I think it's all the intricate work that makes these so great.
Mike

aMirror&Table.jpg

Inserts.jpg

Some folks just have it made. The cats probably thinking... "is he passed out or what"? :)

Over the weekend, we went to the Culpepper annex of the Smithsonian Air aand Space museum.

A really cool museum! Not only do they have the Enola Gay, but also an SR71 blackbird. The most impressive exhibit, however, was the Space Shuttle Discovery (which I saw launch in 2007 (STS 120).

Seeing the shuttle gave me mixed emotions. It cost 1.7 billion dollars to build, was fully functional, and there is no replacement to continue the American manned space program (at least not built anyway). I found it slightly depressing to see it in a museum.

It was cool, however to get up close to the shuttle, a lot closer that I could ever get while the ship was in use. They did not "clean" the shuttle as they would after each mission, so you could see the scorching that happened during reentry.

Here are a couple of pics...

IMG_20160529_125858_557.jpg

IMG_20160529_113543_849.jpg

Very nice John. They have the Enterprise shuttle here in New York City on board the USS Intrepid Aircraft Carrier which is now a museum. It's cool because of course. It's named Enterprise and first of it's kind, though the Enterprise was a prototype and never launched. (Not so cool.) They also have an SR-71 Blackbird a board the Intrepid also.

On a side note, I thought I heard somewhere the Enola Gay was no longer on display. (I know they cycle out different things to put on display from their enormous collection)

Over the weekend, we went to the Culpepper annex of the Smithsonian Air aand Space museum.

You mean Chantilly, not Culpeper, right? Udvar-Hazy Air and Space by Dulles Airport? JOHN!!! You were 5 minutes from my house!!! :)

It was like an hour's drive from culpepper. Next time I go I will let you know so that you can arrange to be out of town that week :)

Yep. 5 Minutes away. Coming from Culpepper, you drove within a mile and a half of Broad Run Cellars (aka Chateau Boatboy). I live just off Rte 28.

FYI,
talking planes.... from the very fast SR71 to the very slow Solar Impulse in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Very impressive wing span when you stand next to it, go see it if you can.

http://www.solarimpulse.com/

TXWineDuo

I'm been following this. Not closely, but when I listen to my morning news updates, I listen for the status. Last I heard they were in PA.

Santa fe sunset.........

13315358_1071794682891737_1636566687027467228_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back