pear in a bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrum

Reaction score
well finaly got the pear wine in the bottle how dose it look. i know why screw top bottles, well you use what you can get! it looks hazy to me but tasts gooood. first big batch of pear so im pleased. now to do better this year.

jim

DSC04972s.jpg

Jim that sounds great. From your title I thought you really grew a pear in the bottle. There is a winery near me that actually does grow their pears in bottles hung on the trees and then fills them with wine after the pear and bottle is picked off the tree.

pear.jpg

Yeah, it does look a little hazy. Pear has so many solids to it that if you don't bentonite at the primary, you're fighting to clear it afterward.

well im not a perfectionst, still learning. but it tastes good and everyone likes it so we will deal with the haze. i have anothere small batch to bottle that is much clearer (i think need to get pic of that for comparision)

jim

that pear in the bottle would be a great conversation pice but to much hassel, bet they want an arm and a leg for one.

Last edited:
that is one outstanding picture,,,also your wine that isn't so clear,I'll:dg bet you it taste like pear,? what do you say ,did you capture the fruit?:dg

you can tell what it is, im thinking a little more time will improve the flavor, its only about 8 months old so time will tell. the other batch is smoother already and i may do all my pear that way this yr. last yr i canned a lot of pears, and used the leftover suryp to make a 1 gal batch that batchcleared 3 mos before the raw fruit batch and is smoother and fuller taste. going to bottle it next week and do a side by side comparision, for looks both are the same age.

jim

Pear wine gets better with age---it seems to really be primo when it gets around the 2 year mark.

Latest posts

Back