Peach-Raspberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcgi

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone blended these two fruits to make wine? I am curious how it turned out.

I haven't done any blending with either my fruit wines or kit wines but I'm anxious to try it somewhere down the road. If you've got those two wines made why not experiment with a few glasses and let us know what you think.

I made a Peach Raspberry Sangria kit, bumped it up with some grape concentrate. It disappears as fast as I can open the bottle. Took two to a graduation party tonight with some of my wife's family and it was a hit.

So, yes, the combination of the two fruits seems to work really well, even with a red grape base.

I just happen to have a batch both of those wines (peach and raspberry) aging right now, will have to blend some and see what it's like, nice idea!

I opened a bottle of my 2013 red raspberry and my 2015 peach today and tried them 50/50. The raspberry flavor overpowered the much milder peach I thought.

" The raspberry flavor overpowered the much milder peach I thought"
My house merlot has a raspberry profile and I have a peach chardonnay, I'll have to try a couple of bench trials. maybe 75% peach 25% raspberry ? Going to make it for the family 4th. of July outing. Bakervinyard

I made a Peach Raspberry Sangria kit, bumped it up with some grape concentrate. It disappears as fast as I can open the bottle. Took two to a graduation party tonight with some of my wife's family and it was a hit.

So, yes, the combination of the two fruits seems to work really well, even with a red grape base.

I just happen to have a batch both of those wines (peach and raspberry) aging right now, will have to blend some and see what it's like, nice idea!

I have the peach raspberry kit and will probably make it next month. How did you add the grape concentrate? Did you use a grape concentrate for wine making or some frozen concentrate from the grocer? When did you add the grape concentrate?

Mary Lou

I have the peach raspberry kit and will probably make it next month. How did you add the grape concentrate? Did you use a grape concentrate for wine making or some frozen concentrate from the grocer? When did you add the grape concentrate?

Mary Lou

I had ordered the kit from Label Peelers and they have the option to add either a red or white grape concentrate (from LD Carlson) and now that I think of it a pound of corn sugar. The idea is to raise the ABV to around 10% and not lighten the already light body (which would happen if you only added a sugar solution made of table sugar and water).

I added the white grape concentrate and corn sugar when I mixed up the batch in the beginning.

I had a wonderful wine called peach Melba. Raspberry peach and some vanilla flavor (oak maybe?). It was wonderful.

I decided to make the peach-raspberry wine using a 50-50 mix. The aroma is wonderful. It is still busy fermenting.

" The raspberry flavor overpowered the much milder peach I thought"
My house merlot has a raspberry profile and I have a peach chardonnay, I'll have to try a couple of bench trials. maybe 75% peach 25% raspberry ? Going to make it for the family 4th. of July outing. Bakervinyard

I agree but then I'm still sort of a purist on flavors. Most mixes of flavors will have a dominant flavor and Peach is NOT a dominant flavor. I will say that it works well with a white grape juice in a juice drink (Walmart's Great Value 100% Juice drink) but even then the Grape flavor really dominates the taste.

Personally I like the Peach flavor by itself in a wine. That's just me. BUT even so mixing with any amount of a strong flavor like Raspberry, it's going to be hard to get any real peachy flavor unless you do go to at least a 75 Peach 25 Flavor 'X' Wonder how a Peach / Strawberry mix would go? Ah probably to light flavors will confuse the taste buds. The grinch will stop now.

Back