WineXpert Peach Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
I picked this kit up a few months ago and finally got around to making it up. This one I'll actually bottle pretty quickly because I want it ready for my dad next Christmas.

20100123_162909_DSCN5678_Deskto.JPG

20100123_162309_DSCN5680_Deskto.JPG

This is the best Ice wine kit out there IMO. It gave me some grief clearing it though!

Actually Wade that is why I picked it up - so much positive feedback. I wish I had picked up a second kit. My dad is going to be pleased and I've already started planning for clearing challenges, which just means I've already started practicing patience ............

I used what came with the kit and then they (W.E) sent me a second package and that failed also, finally I used SuperKleer and that worked like a charm. When ever I make a wine anymore if it dont clear on its own I use the SuperKleer, I just toss out what ever came with the kit now unless it is the Kiesol/Chitosan mix!

I have an extra pack of SuperKleer already attached to the carboy with the remainder of the ingredients!

Well I tried to use the stuff that came with the kit - I know Wade but I had to try ........ I added it on March 1 and this is how it looks.

20100328_120008_DSCN5739_Deskto.JPG

I have now added SuperKleer to it as well as the 2 pepper meads (Serrano &amp; Habanero). </span>

Well the pepper meads cleared over night. The peach, is working on it, but its clearing now so that's a good sign. As soon as it's cleared I'll post a pic.

Its a very viscous wine and really needs to be degassed very well, even with the vacuum pump it gave me a struggle with this one and I used the drill monted mix stir on top of that!

This has been clear for a week or so but just had a few minutes to get it racked off the clearing lees. Next to it are my hot pepper meads which also cleared rather nicely. Oh my Wade, this really does taste so good! My husband and sons wanted to make sure grandpa was not getting all of it!

20100411_170631_DSCN5760_Deskto.JPG

Glad you liked it and knew you would all at the same time! Anyone who likes a sweet wine will like this. My wife doesnt even like Peach anything so I didnt tell her and she liked it, I didnt tell her cause she would have said no to trying it and that would be that. Its not a super strong peach flavor just enough to balance everything perfectly!

Bottled and now waiting to give some to my dad for Christmas and boy is he gonna love this one. And for anyone making this one this year make sure you order some super kleer and toss the stuff included in the kit away!

20100706_150147_DSCN5814_Deskto.JPG

I dunno, that middle bottle is awfully hazy......
smiley36.gif

Jusst kidding it all looks great and I bet tastes even better. I have a few of those frosted bottles. They are for special ones.

Yep, that kit is a tough one to clear using the fining agents supplied. I too last year had to resort to SuperKleer . I used what they gave me and gave it 2 months and nothing. I then called and they sent me another packet of something(isinglass I think but dont recall) and again gave it about 2 months and it started to clear but not much at all. I didnt want to but finally had to resort to SuperKleer and it cleared in like 2 weeks. It even gave the SuperKleer a fight!

I just purchased two of these kits and plan to make a 6 gallon batch.
So, from what you guys are saying here.......skip the Isinglass and use Superclear instead??

Guessing I will have to use double the Superclear then, for the double batch.

Latest posts

Back