open my own shop ?s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well buisness in general is a chore.i've been in a buisness since 1989.feast or famine is the rule,wishing the phone would ring or not being able totake another call.buisness stole my youth.it left me less secure than the fortune 500 folks might be.the one thing it did for me is give me is an abundance of independence for which i'm greatful.do indeed do your homework. and if you do like beans it would be a real plus those first years

do not forget California - where there are wineries almost on every corner and all the grocery stores, variety and gas stations sell wine and some sell supplies too. If you want to buy a winery - Deparo is for sale in the Central Valley. 2+ acres - beautiful home with professional kitchen - 350 merlot and 400 syrah
9 year old vines in production - includes all equipment, tractor and current wine inventory. - flextanks and barrels - all for $285,000. Call Paul at Deparo wines and look at his website. www.deparowines.com. Paul is retiring.

do not forget California - where there are wineries almost on every corner and all the grocery stores, variety and gas stations sell wine and some sell supplies too. If you want to buy a winery - Deparo is for sale in the Central Valley. 2+ acres - beautiful home with professional kitchen - 350 merlot and 400 syrah
9 year old vines in production - includes all equipment, tractor and current wine inventory. - flextanks and barrels - all for $285,000. Call Paul at Deparo wines and look at his website. www.deparowines.com. Paul is retiring.

Holy moly! That's amazing for all that.

Hi all

The current price is $285,000 - Paul is retiring and moving at the end of the year. If interested, please call him

rrawhide

Geeze Rick, I was already to pack up and move out there until I remembered that critter you got out of your vineyard last year. Can you post that picture again.

I find it really strange that this property has been on the market for so long. Does anyone know about real estate in that area. The house looks really nice and when you throw in the equipment and vineyard, seems like a steal. Something must be of concern to potential buyers.

Last edited:
I wonder how that would work if you were gone every other week? Sure would be a nice place to live and a Great hobby farm (I think) :? I wouldn't even have to quit my day job.

WHAT A TEMPTATION!!!

I'm thinking its too small to open a winery to the public, 2 acres with a house? and 750 vines also seams a bit low to sustain much traffic. BUT too large for a hobby farm. Only thing I could think of is make a bunch of wine for yourself and sell off the rest of the grapes to another vineyard. I know of local winerys that are pushing 2000 vines and thats not enough.
On the other hand, being open only on say Saturday or Sunday, might work after stockpiling two or three years of wine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back