Nice scale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share a scale I just bought on Amazon. It is great for those very small measurements you need to make when add chemicals like K-meta. The scale is 100 x 0.01 and when I tested it tonight it was only off .02 gram before calibrating. Cost is &16.25 with free shipping. I have a bigger 500 gram scale that reads .1 gram increments but it doesn't start registering until it hits.5 gram. This one is extremely sensitive and is also used by jewlers to read ct. 10 yr warrenty. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ODPFXE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 This scale will easily fit in your shirt pocket. Very small.

scale001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's nice. I'll have to check it out. I use weights for my custom golf clubs so this would have a double use.

By custom I mean - I built them, not paid someone a fortune to build for me.

Very nice Dan. I have been needing one of these for a long time so grabbed one. You dont get free shipping unless you spend $25 but right next to this one was another site with the same unit much cheaper with $5.07 that worked out to $16.06 shipped.

Very nice Dan. I have been needing one of these for a long time so grabbed one. You dont get free shipping unless you spend $25 but right next to this one was another site with the same unit much cheaper with $5.07 that worked out to $16.06 shipped.

I had to check that out as mine was free but then I realized I have the free prime shipping deal. I wonder why I pay for it now after seeing you basically got the same deal but I do also get two day shipping with it which is nice.

pick the club heads, shafts, grips, then measure, cut, glue, etc. Very easy actually. The tricky part is getting them all to play the same by weight changes. You don't want one club to feel head heavy and the next one to feel to light.
You play?

No, never have. Looks like fun though!

It's the most frustrating sport you can do. Looks so easy - hit the ball when you want with giant clubs. Not like baseball where someone is throwing it at you trying to make you miss! Why it's so addictive I'm not sure but it is a lot of fun.

We be "Prime" as well. When you live out in the boonies like we do it pays off in spades. We get 1-2 deliveries a week from Amazon. Have not bought anything from fleaBay in forever as Amazon is cheaper and you don't get ripped off.

I had to check that out as mine was free but then I realized I have the free prime shipping deal. I wonder why I pay for it now after seeing you basically got the same deal but I do also get two day shipping with it which is nice.

I agree Mike. I don't hardly even look at Ebay anymore. With Prime you not only get it in two days but if you want it next day it's dirt cheap to do that also. Plus for last minute shoppers like me it's a good deal. I like the idea you can look back at your history to see what you've bought to.

I picked up the 200 x .01 version of that scale a while back w/calibration weights. Spot on accuracy - great little scale!

I just used the cheap overnight shipping yesterday. My old 10 port hub died sometime Sunday during the late night and our home network was DOA Monday morning. :d

I have a new one arriving this AM. I wired my whole house before wireless was even invented with Cat5 cable. So glad I did as its still 4x faster than wireless for moving large files around the house (media server). Added wireless as well for the laptops and "iDevices" about 6 years ago.

I will not be happy if they are forced to take away our "no tax" on orders!

I agree Mike. I don't hardly even look at Ebay anymore. With Prime you not only get it in two days but if you want it next day it's dirt cheap to do that also. Plus for last minute shoppers like me it's a good deal. I like the idea you can look back at your history to see what you've bought to.

I bought a cheap set of calibration wieghts and tried them on both of my scales. Guess what half of them are off by .01 -.07 grams. The ones that come with the scale are spot on. I know that amount is insignificant in what we do but I would have expected them to be right on.

It's the most frustrating sport you can do. Looks so easy - hit the ball when you want with giant clubs. Not like baseball where someone is throwing it at you trying to make you miss! Why it's so addictive I'm not sure but it is a lot of fun.

Rob, Now you're talking!! Golf is my first passion. Made a few clubs in the past. Mostly from component parts from Golfsmith.

I also had a set of grain weights used to calibrate powder scales. My cal weights and scale are in exact agreement with these as well.

I find that calibrating as close to the actual weights I'll be weighing helps improve accuracy. My scale has the option of 100 or 200g cal. I cal with the 100g weight even thought the default is 200.

I then include a 50g weight when I'm weighing stuff to get as close as possible to the middle of the scale's usable range.

Yeah, I'm a bit on the anal side ;-)

Rob, Now you're talking!! Golf is my first passion. Made a few clubs in the past. Mostly from component parts from Golfsmith.
:ot:
Can't wait for my port to be ready next fall. 18 holes and a bottle of port to pass around.

For clubs I've been making Maltby mostly. I'm a lefty so not a lot of choices for me.

:ot:
Can't wait for my port to be ready next fall. 18 holes and a bottle of port to pass around.

For clubs I've been making Maltby mostly. I'm a lefty so not a lot of choices for me.

:ot:your a lefty and can't go righty on demand most lefties I know can switch hit. I know I'm ambidextrous can do most everything both ways.

Latest posts

Back