New Here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
Thought I would say hi. Ordered some kit's from George, and he said to check out the forum. Looks like a nice place you all have here!

Jeff

Welcome to our little corner of the world! We try to have fun here and we all learn from each other. If you watch out for a few guys that want to take all your wine- volunteering to sample it- you will be OK. What kits have you ordered? I could sample that for you, don't you know.........

Welcome Jeff....Don't fall for wade's "your part of the family", he expects his family to share their wines with him
smiley36.gif

Dang Waldo! I was trying to ge in good with him and you just blew my cover!
smiley15.gif

Welcome Jeff. This place is a wealth of information. Hope you stick around and make lots of wine!!

Thanks for the welcome, I will have some questions and a answer or two. We had given up kit wine making in 2006, they all seemed to taste the samewith the dreaded k/t aftertaste. The last kit we made was a RQ Amarone in 05, I forgot about it until last month, we cracked a bottle and it is quite good.
(appleman) I ordered CC Old Vines Mencia, RQ Muller-Thurgau, Barbaresco, Okanagan Valley Red Meritage and ME Rojo Grande and Barolo. We can not get any of these manufactures locally, and the Toy Store has good prices.

Jeff

Wade, the forum says you have over 10,000 post is that right? And if you are ever in this part of Colorado, stop in I always have a bottle handy to share.

Jeff

Jeff D said:
Wade, the forum says you have over 10,000 post is that right? And if you are ever in this part of Colorado, stop in I always have a bottle handy to share.

Jeff

Uhh, yes, that is quite right.
smiley36.gif
You'll get to know Wade pretty well. Seriously though, he is right there to answer questions quickly and it is appreciated. Anyway, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. Look forward to your posts.

Great looking bunch of kits Jeff. Give some of the Mosti kits a try. You won't get that KT even in young ones. Not sure how they do it and others always seem to have KT, but I have never had one with it in any of the Mosti lineup.

Will stop by Jeff if Im ever up that way, same goes for you if your ever down this way as I have a pretty extensive collection going on here and just cant seem to drink as much as I make! Maybe its because I make way too much as Im addicted!

Jeff - welcome

you are now part of our 'family tree' -

enjoy the hobby - addiction - whatever - - -

betcha can't make just one!!!

later

rrawhide
smiley20.gif

Back