New here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbonsgerg

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've only started making wine - my first kit is in clearing now. It's fun, though, so I'll likely continue, although I don't see me drinking as much wine as I'd like to make. 30 bottles would likely last me 30 weeks or so.

Although I'm new to this, my parents made wine when I was a teen, from juice they bought at a neighborhood store. Hopefully the kits are a bit better. Also, I made beer for several years, and got pretty good at all-grain. I built an all-electric brewing system, and even built a lagering cabinet with an old rewired air conditioner. But I had to start having parties to use up all the beer I made. Gave the equipment all away when I moved across country.

Wine seems like significantly less work.

I would like to learn a lot more about blending.

Welcome to WMT!! I hope you enjoy your time around here. It's a pretty friendly corner of the internet.

Blending, conceptually very easy. Add A which has this good thing to B that has that good thing and when I do 25% A and 75% B it's great, but 50%/50% is just okay. and 75%/ 25% is not good at all.

The how and why to blend is the art and takes a lifetime to learn.

Hi all. I've only started making wine - my first kit is in clearing now. It's fun, though, so I'll likely continue, although I don't see me drinking as much wine as I'd like to make. 30 bottles would likely last me 30 weeks or so.

Although I'm new to this, my parents made wine when I was a teen, from juice they bought at a neighborhood store. Hopefully the kits are a bit better. Also, I made beer for several years, and got pretty good at all-grain. I built an all-electric brewing system, and even built a lagering cabinet with an old rewired air conditioner. But I had to start having parties to use up all the beer I made. Gave the equipment all away when I moved across country.

Wine seems like significantly less work.

I would like to learn a lot more about blending.
Welcome to WMT. Everyone learns something often here, no matter how long one has been doing whatever (wine, beer, fishing, etc.) It is an ongoing process and learning never stops.

Welcome into the WMT world! You'll find alot of information here, along with plenty of smiles along the way. There are a couple of good threads on blending in the library, just search for them in the search box or as stated above, start off with a 75/25 split between two varieties and adjust from there. Or, 50/50 or whatever. I lived in Waldorf, MD for a while when I was stationed at Andrews AFB....yeah, now renamed. Got out, and moved out....too busy for me in that area.

Latest posts

Back