My winter project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill B

Reaction score
Just received this Fri 4 Concord, 4 Rasp Blush,1 Bk. Current, 1 Lambruska, 1 Cranberry, 2 Rose Blend, 1 Bk. Berry
20071020_162725_100_0348.JPG

Now thats a good supply. What do you have t do to keep them good if anything?

Nice bunch of juices....I see you have many empty carboys to fill with all that great wine....Keep us Posted on your progress.

Appleman, I will make them as is, maybe next time I'll try blending.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Wade, they will keep quite a long time. I wouldn'y wait a year but are hot packed sealed. Did you ever order the Black Current?
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Northern, I have 13 Carboys but only 7 Fermenters, oh well time to order.

Bill have you made the cranberry before? I just now have a pail underway. If so, how was the fermenting? Slow? Vigorous? It's not cold enough here to turn the furnace on but a little cool for fermenting. It's taken forever to start and is a little slower than I'd like. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

Joan, I have never made a Cranberry or a Black Current before so I can;t really help you yet, however I will be starting them this week and I'll keep everyone posted.

Bill, I have not had enough cash s we just had all our overtime cut out so it might be awhile before I get a chance but well see. I might have a side job or 3 and that will be wine money.

If anyone is looking for Bill, we will know where to find him!!!
Fantastic stash you have there. Be sure to post pictures as you go, Bill.

Ramona

Bill, I hope you have an intercom down there so as that your wife can speak with you sometimes!
smiley36.gif

Thanks everyone, Its going to be fun. I will keep posting as I get thinks going.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">Bill

Bill was so kind to share a few bottlesof his Traminette wine with me at Winestock. After giving them some time to settle down from the trip home we opened one up the other night.This wine is excellent and a real winner for me. It had a very honey like aroma to it and the taste was awesome with a nice sharpness I like in a white wine. Needless to say both bottles are gone and I was bummed since the wife finished off the last of it without sharing with me!
smiley6.gif

Thanks again Bill and we truly enjoyed this wine!
smiley32.gif

You are quite welcome. Glad you liked it.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">Bill

Bill,

That Walker's juice should last you a couple of months!
smiley2.gif

Now I see why it is affordable for you to ship Walker's to your place. You're a high volume customer. I hope I can taste the results at next year's Winestock. Edited by: dfwwino

masta said:
Bill was so kind to share a few bottlesof his Traminette wine with me at Winestock. After giving them some time to settle down from the trip home we opened one up the other night.This wine is excellent and a real winner for me. It had a very honey like aroma to it and the taste was awesome with a nice sharpness I like in a white wine. Needless to say both bottles are gone and I was bummed since the wife finished off the last of it without sharing with me!
smiley6.gif

Thanks again Bill and we truly enjoyed this wine!
smiley32.gif

Masta you should be able to try to produce a little Traminette yourself about next year. Those 6 vines you planted should be able to produce a small to medium size crop this coming year. Better get Bill's recipe and maybe if he had readings on the juice before he started it would give you a good starting point.

Hey buddy...How is that Currant juice? Is their Blackberry juice as good this year as last years batch was?

Dave, Each container will yield approx 25 750ml bottles.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Waldo, The Blackberry is just the same as last year. i haven;t put the Black Currant juice on yet, not quite sure where i'm going to go with it yet. That is will I make It dry, semi sweet , oak or no oak, just not sure yet. any comments would be appreciated.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Latest posts

Back